Sunday, June 17, 2007

Tribute to "OUR" Dad



"A father is someone you look up to no matter how tall you grow."
Jacob and Luke will probably out grow their dad but hope they will always follow in their father's foot steps regardless.

The kids think their dad is just the world's greatest dad and I have to admit that he is. He plays with them, laughs with them, works with them, teaches them, bathes them, reads to them, wrestles with them, watches movies with them, eats ice cream with them, jumps with them..... the list goes on and on. They are so lucky to have him in their lives and to be able to call him "Dad." He works SO hard and is exhausted week after week after week, but he always finds a way to smile, laugh and spend time with them when he would rather be sleeping. The best part of the week for them (and me) is when Dad gets to come home and sleep in his own bed and join us for dinner and an hour or so after of fun and games. Love you Dad!!!

Jacob's favorite time with dad:
1. dad telling me stories of when I was little
2. reads me books
3. he tickles me and wrestles with me

Luke's favotites:
1. when he jumps on the trampoline- thats it

"BLESSED indeed is the man who hears many gentle voices call him Dad." (usually not too gentle)




I just wanted to pay tribute to "my sweets" for your diligence, hardwork, example, endurance, infectious smile, and for all that you are in my life. I am who I am because of YOU!!! I am proud of all you do and handle in your life right now- I know it is tough. We will get through this together if we just keep strong and push forward daily. Love you forever. XOXOXO

No comments: