APPLES are what the kids and I have been up to lately. We went apple picking the other day and spent $2.00 for an entire laundry basket full- yes $2.00. Can't get a better bargain than that. Luke and Ruby had a good time in the apple fields and Anna just nawed on an apple th entire time. 

I had to do something with all of the apples so spent a full day canning applesauce and applebutter (like jam). I enjoyed doing it and especially love the outcome of products. There is nothing more satisfying than looking at my hard work and the many jars we have to eat up and enjoy.


This is only half of what I did. I am so excited and thrilled to add these to my working and growing food storage.
What do you do with your apples?
Happy Apple Season!!
Thursday, October 25, 2007
for the love of Apples
at
5:02 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Sarah I am so impressed! I wish I were there to enjoy the fun and learn how to make the most of yummy apples. Good job.
Super impressed! No apples here and no canning = no food storage. I need you closer so you can teach me these things!
UM. I eat my apples.
Have to admit. I'm not a fan of Applesauce... or canning. If YOU lived by me. I might learn HOW... but figureing it out on my own is NOT GONNA HAPPEN!
You get the Gold star for the day! You are superwoman!
You are amazing! When your hubby is done with residency consider Arizona so we can hang out! Paul's practice might be needing someone by then!!!
Looks like so much fun! (not really) Maybe the picking, but holy cow you are amazing to do all that canning! Super mom!
Post a Comment