
I am so grateful for my Grandma Richards (mom's mom). Her name is Ruby Mae. Obvioiusly Ruby Jane was named after her and I just think it is so special (and Anna Edith was named after her mother-love that). This is Grandma Ruby and baby Ruby Jane on her blessing day. It was awesome that she could be there on this wonderful occasion. We had four generations present at the blessing- yes I have a picture of that. I cherish this picture. As I look at this picture, it makes me think of the kind of mother, wife, friend, and individual I hope and pray Ruby Jane will grow up to be. I would only wish she could be like grandma... loves unconditional, serves with her whole heart, honest, good natured, unselfish, always smiling, patient, loyal, spirituality of a giant.
Grandma Richards is still living but just wants to be with "her honey" who passed away about a year ago. She is such an amazing woman who served diligently in all that she did. She was a busy lady always thinking of others first and making sure everyone else was taken care of. I lived next door to her growing up so I got to spend a lot of time with her. It was so fun to see her on a daily basis and I have such fond memories of her. I would give anything to spend more time with her now.
I encourage any of you who live close to your grandparents, go spend an evening with them weekly. You will learn SO much and I promise will NEVER regret the time spent.
Friday, November 16, 2007
FLASHBACK FRIDAY...GRATITUDE
at
7:31 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I wish I had grandparents around. I never met either of my Grandpas, and I only knew one of my Grandmas. I actually feel really close to all of them though. I'm so glad you have a 4 generation picture!
Oh, I miss my grandparents and fear that they won't be around much longer so we're making the trek BACK to UT to spend Thanksgiving with them and I don't regret it for a second!
So sweet. You talk about your grandma often and I know how much she means to you. I am so glad you named Ruby Ruby do you remember us on our walks saying that name over and over. What a great tribute/post.
Post a Comment