Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Twelve Questions of Christmas



1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper under the tree, gift bag for everything else (friends, neighbors, teachers gifts)!

2. Real or Artificial tree? Definitely and Always REAL...we cut ours down fresh this year in Omish country and will make this a traditon now- love the smell and the look (too bad ours doens't smell this year)


3. Do you like Eggnog? Yes, and the rest of my family is addicted. Good thing it only comes around once a year or our budget would be history. Wait... what's a budget?

4. Favorite gift you received as a child? cabbage patch dolls which I still have and Ruby Jane is now playing with them (so fun) and season ski pass to Snowbird for many, many, years.

5. Do you have a nativity scene? Several- my favorite is from Bethlehem made out of real olive wood I picked up when I was on study abroad in Jerusalem with BYU that has been lost for ten years. Luckily it was found in a move and I couldn't be happier.

6. Hardest and easiest people to buy for? Usually my Dad. I tend to give him the same thing every year... a picture framed of my family, some homemade ornaments, and pistachios. Easiest person to buy for? my kids (love that they are still so
young and they don't care what they get) I know that will change quickly.


7. When do you start shopping for Christmas? All year long. I pick stuff up that is on sale. It is nice to be done shopping by
Thanksgiving... yes I have been done for a quite few weeks now- it is the only way to go.


8. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Breakfast casserole, orange rolls, fresh fruit for breakfast (tradition). English Triffle
(dessert), Homemade Carmel Popcorn, and leftovers from Christmas Eve dinner (ham, potatoes, rolls)


9. Travel at Christmas or Stay Home? I have done both. Growing up we went to San Diego (Coronodo) for many, many years and it was just a blast. Since being married, in dental school and this residency and especially with kids we have been
home. That is nice too. I have loved starting family traditions with my little family that we look forward to every year. I guess I am open for anything. Variety is good...right?


10. Open the Presents Christmas Eve or Morning? One present Christmas eve (always PJ's for the kids) and the rest on Christmas morning.

11. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The hustle and bustle of the malls, traffic and too much about the gifts and not enough about the service


12. Favorite Christmas cookie? Molasses (I'll be nice enough to share the secret recipe). These are a MUST!!!

M O L A S S E S C O O K I E S

1 ½ c. butter
2 c. sugar
2 eggs
½ c. molasses
4 c. flour
4 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cloves (ground)
1 tsp. ginger
4 tsp. cinnamon

Cream butter, sugar, eggs, and molasses; add dry ingredients; mix
well. Roll into balls and then roll in sugar. Bake 350. 10-12 min.

NOTE: these freeze awesome.

P.S. This is my What's For Dinner Wednesday recipe. Yes, we did eat Molasses cookies for dinner. Eric is on call and I don't feel like cooking since I have been baking these most the day. Made a triple batch for little neighbor, teacher, friends christmas treats.

2 comments:

katie said...

I am trying these. I was just telling Tresure how much I LOVE molasses cookies and she said I need to try yours cause they are so GOOD! We both wanted the recipe. So this is just great-I'm going to make them tomorrow!

Tina said...

Cookies for dinner you are way too funny.