OK, OK... I am late in posting this but my excuse was I was going to try to get a picture of it and never got around to it. Anyways, better late than never. So, this looks like a nasty soup I know but give it a try. It really is so tasty and is so healthy for you. Eric and even my kids liked it and had seconds. Perfect on a cold, snowy, winter's night. Yes, it is snowing right now and so far have about 7 inches. My kids are ecstatic to go play in it. I don't mind it as long as the roads are clear and the temps don't drop below the 20's. HAPPY SOUP MAKING!!!
LENTIL SOUP
2 T olive oil or veg. oil
2 lg chopped onions (~2c.)
3 carrots, coarsely grated (I just chopped mine- I like them a little bigger)
3/4 tsp. marjoram, crumbled
3/4 tsp thyme leaves, crumbled
28 oz can tomatoes and their juices coarsely chopped
7 c. broth
1 1/2 c. dried lentils, rinsed and picked
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 to 1/2 tsp freshly ground blk pepper
6 oz dry white wine-(I don't think I've ever used this?!?)
1/3 c. chopped fresh parsley or 2 T. dried flakes
4 oz cheddar ( I use parmesan)
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and saute onions, carrots, marjoram, and thyme stirring frequently for about 5 min
Add the tomatoes, broth and lentils. Bring the soup to a boil and reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for about 1 hr or until tender
Add salt pepper, wine and parsley and simmer for a few minutes.
Serve with cheese.
Thursday, December 6, 2007
What's For Dinner...WEDNESDAY!
at
7:56 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment