There once was a foolish old woman who had four children under the age of five. Now this isn't why she is foolish. Most days she seems to keep it together but today... well, let's just say she was foolish.
Today she was headed to Sams Club with her three younger children which is foolish in itself. No choice however- the woman's family needed to eat. She pulled up, got all three kids out of the car and realized her 15 month old darling had messed her pants. So she puts all three kids back in the car so she could change a diaper. Well, foolish her-no diaper OR wipes in her diaper bag. She had forgotten to refill her stash before she left home. So little Miss A had no choice but to go shopping in her stinky diaper for the next 45 minutes. Foolish woman.
Today as she was pushing her overloaded cart full of food and her three kiddos out to the car, there was a slight decline and ALL of the food that was lying on the bottom slid right off into the parking lot- mangos & strawberries rolling everywhere. No one seemed to care or to stop and help- they just looked at the foolish woman running all over the place trying to gather her rolling goods wondering what on earth she was doing with three kids in her cart and all that food. Foolish woman.
Today the woman let one of the neighbor kids come over and play. They were all outside including her baby girls while she was sitting on the couch with her HOT husband enjoying some much needed conversation. As she sat there soaking in time with her hubby, she kept hearing the hard bat hit the T and the ball flying. She instantly told her husband to get outside and tell the boys to MAKE SURE when they swing that bat no one is around. So the husband did and came back in. The woman kept chatting with her husband but kept having a feeling to get outside and STOP the baseball game until the girls were inside- it just wasn't safe. Well, the foolish woman kept ignoring those thoughts and continued on with her husband chit chatting away. Yes, it happened. Little Miss R came in with a HUGE lump on her forehead the size of a baseball. No, it wasn't the ball that hit her but the bat that had been swung by her oldest brother who has a ferocious swing I might add. Oh, the foolish woman was SO sick to her stomach to see her precious daughter look the way she did. Why didn't she act upon the feelings she was having- this would have never happened if she did. To think of how serious this really could have been made her even more sick. Her husband has seen & fixed way too many bat injuries that are serious. Someone was watching out for little R. Foolish woman.
Today the foolish woman was making dinner thinking she was doing a great service to her family... Broccoli Soup. She was dishing up six bowls of HOT soup so they could start to cool when little A decided to come on over and reached up onto the counter top on her tip toes and her long arm extended out and grabbed the bowl of HOT soup. This soup wasn't just hot- it had just been boiling only a few minutes earlier. The soup spilled all over her hand, down her arm and the rest onto the floor burning. Yes, burned her hand and arm and she wasn't too happy about it. The woman just assumes that things are safe on the counter top. Apparently NOT. The woman's husband was not happy about this foolish error. Foolish woman.
Today when the woman was at Sams Club she gave into temptation and bought a double chocolate cake. The foolish woman doesn't even care for chocolate but her three kids were begging for it. So she bought it and ended up indulging in it and now feels SO sick. Why does she do things like this? She knows better. She also knows she is trying so hard to cut back on sweets. There is still 3/4 the cake left and can bet on it that the next few days, she will be the one to eat it. Foolish woman.
So there it is... the story of the foolish woman.
I sure hope that she learned from her "foolish" mistakes and that tomorrow she won't be as foolish as she was today. I do know she learned from this and maybe next time will think before she lets foolish things happen. Let's just say she is so glad to have these four little faces to love and adore and a HOT husband that loves her regardless.
P.S. This picture of Anna I love so much I could just blow it up HUGE- I mean really huge. So her look & personality right now.




15 comments:
Great post. I felt like I was reading a cute book. Very visual and fun to read. But I know the foolish women really isn't so foolish. She is actually very smart and an amazing and patient mom. I know that this same foolish women cooks amazing meals for her family. And you can't call a women foolish for wanting to spend 5 minutes with her husband, whom she never sees, even if there are crazy kids outside swinging wooden bats. I love ya Sarah!.
Sarah- after what I did today you could never ever be considered foolish. Lets just say my car backed through my parent brick fence, and I wasn't in the car but my three kids were. Enough said. So I've been beating myself up ever since, feeling so small, stupid, foolish, but most of all greatful my children were not hurt, and my Dad was so nice. Also I'm glad we have good car insurance. You can ask Nicole for the details. I don't think I'll publicly humiliate myself by posting about it. So take it from me you are not foolish.
Great post Sarah. My mom would always say that she was just trying to survive motherhood. Now that I'm a mom, I feel the opposite, I hope my kids survive me! We all need these kinds of days to keep us in check, right? I'm with Michele, you are amazing at everything you do!
Hey Sarah-I didn't even know you had a blog until just now! Very cute. It makes me want to go out and take some pictures. You know, there are those days when I just hope nobody is watching b/c I don't want to be embarrassed. Then there are those days when I PRAY that nobody is watching b/c they'd probably turn me in to DYFUS. I fell asleep once during nap time before Alena was born when I THOUGHT all my kids were also napping. I woke to find many disasters including Luke asleep on the bathroom floor with his pants at his ankles.????? I have no idea.
Oh sarah - I am sorry that you had that kind of day! I guess we have days like that to make us stonger! Hang in there
Aren't we all foolish sometimes. But the good thing is we get to wakeup and start all over. Just remember tomorrow will be better. You are a great mom!
I have days like those ALL the time. You aren't foolish, just a busy mom with a family to take care of. I have always admired how "together" you are, so you would never be foolish in my book. -Your kids are SO cute!
Sorry you had a crappy day. Give those sweet girls a hug. Luckily we have more good days than bad, right?
This was hilarious! I love your thinking...we have ALL been there. The other day I was in Costco and the guy who packed my boxes switched carts while I was paying. I didn't notice until I went to find my keys which were in my original cart that had been given to someone else who walked out into that vast parking lot! I had my two little ones with me and believe it or not, it was a cold day here in AZ so slogging through the parking lot with a baby (who was also poopy) was not in the cards. No one there even seemed to want to help us. Ahhh...finally about 30 minutes later (which is a long time when you're in this situation) a nice old lady came walking in holding up my keys. Oh, thank heavens. So, I've been there and love your funny perspective! :)
Oh Lynnette that is a good story too. Sarah, I have something like this happen to me daily and wonder if I can make it through another. You are such a patient person who does have it together.
I wish I could be there to take a couple of your kids at a time.
When you see those 4 darling faces you know it is all worth it!
Oh, Sarah!!! I'm so sorry! I think you need a break. When's the next get together?
Sounds like a tough day "foolish woman"! I just want to give you a hug and take your kids for a few days so you and your husband can go on a vacation! I hope your days are getting better.
Who doesn't have days like that?! I am glad I'm not the only one. Hang in there...
We have all been there and can all relate. Love that nothing stops you. You are such an amazing mother and I have always looked up to you.
Sara loved the post. You say foolish, I say amazing! I feel very exhausted just reading your post!
Post a Comment