Just a few things that have been happening around here lately:
1. The kids will see how many times they can go down our slippery slide in a row. They try to catch up with each other causing a traffic jam as you can see here. I think Ruby purposely tries to be slow so she can get rammed into. They all just love being squished against one another.

2. Swimming Swimming Swimming. No we don't have a pool or even a community pool BUT somehow we find ways to swim. Whether it be at neighbors, ward members, library group or whatever, I think it is my kids favorite thing to do. Why wouldn't it be when it's 100 degrees outside plus humidity. It's the only thing to do to stay cool.
3. Ruby's hair grows like a week and it was too long. When it was wet, it went 3/4 the way down her back. Just too much for summertime and trying to keep cool. Although she got it cut, I wished we had gone shorter. Thanks Jo for being her hair dresser. Nothing better than getting your haircut outside.
4. My kids love bugs of all sorts. They will be outside digging in the dirt trying to find any living creature. Jacob came in one evening with this catterpillar and was so interested in it. Eric had just gotten home from work luckily so they spent a few minutes looking up online what type of catterpillar he had found and read all about it. It was so great to see that only a few minutes of education would bring a five year old so much joy. I love that Eric loves bugs as much as my kids so HE can be the one to deal with them when they catch them.
It is hard to believe that summer is about half over. It always seen to drag at the beginning and then once July hits it just flies by. I love not being on a definite schedule and mornings can come and go and we can just hang out doing nothing if we want. Oh the joys of summertime and spending time together. I love that part the most I think.







8 comments:
I love summer also. Just doing nothing but being together. Although I do think it is flying by. I sometimes want it to SLOW down. Enjoy your summer!
Sarah, You are so right about us needing to be neigbs. I think our kids would live together day and night. ACTIVE is all I can say about my kids; yours look the same way. LOVE, LOVE looking at your blog; you always insire me. Your a great mother and your family is adorable. Hopefully one day we can get together for some play-time. Have a GOOD one! Love, Deb
Sarah your photography is so beautiful! Your blog is a beautiful thing to look at!
I love that first photo...the kids are getting so big and are still so darling. If they love bugs, AZ is the place for you! We've had 5 scorpions and I can't name all the cockroaches. Almost nothing inside the house but just seeing those things outside makes my skin crawl. Glad you guys are doing so well!
Hi, you don't know me but our husbands met the other day at the hospital and somehow got talking about things that lead to blogs, I guess, cause now I'm looking at your blog and loving it. You have such WONDERFUL pictures, I love them! I already admire you simply because you have four kids and your husband is an oral surgeon resident...holy cow! This week has been kinda awful with Dan at the hospital every day and not really knowing what's going on...I can't imagine having your husband doing that all the time (well, he probaby knows what's going on!). Anyway, I also heard that you are close friends with Becky Higgins and sorry to sound starstruck but I think that is SO COOL. I love her! Sorry for the long comment but it's just kinda nice to know that there's someone else close by (somewhat!! You should've come to our ward!) that's in this whole dental school-lots of kids-far from family and home-thing. Oh, and one last cool thing...Cherie Call/Hall was one of my (favorite) mission companions. Love that girl!! So she's your cousin?? Good luck with it all...you really do have such beautiful children and I can tell you are a wonderful mother!
--Jenny Whiting
I love to find bugs snakes if they are small frogs are my favorite with the gradkids. My kids had a little microscope that we looked at things with and that was pretty neat. I love that Eric spent time looking up what kind and doing a little one on one teaching moment.
Where are you? What are you doing? and why are you not posting these day? Get on it girl.
Our summer started flying by the minute we got out of school! I love that first photo. Our boys would totally get along. We have a whole bug-catching kit (and place for them to live-ugh!) and it has housed many a little critter! Have fun on your vacation!
Post a Comment