Sunday, November 2, 2008

HaLlOWeEN fUN

As much as I dislike Halloween (I know how sad for my kids), overall we really did have a fantastic week.  I say week because I think the kids dressed up everyday for some sort of party.  Needless to say, by the time trick-or-treating time came around, we DID NOT need any more candy to add to the stash.  With four kids gathering goods, you can imagine how much loot we have.  Not sure what we are going to do with it, but for now, it works like magic to get my darlings to obey and do as I ask- if they don't, they get 5 pieces taken away from their bag.  Well, for the record, here are the munchkins dressed up.  The girls homemade costumes in my opinion tuned out WAY cuter that the boys lame store bought ones.  So sick of action heros and all the hype with them.  Next year the rule is only one person gets to buy a costume and the rest of the gang get to wear hand-me-down, borrowed, or homemade with what we have lying around the house.  Outfitting 5 kids next year just might kill me.  Here we have:

MISS WITCHY POO ANNA
Photobucket


BUMBLE BEE TRANSFORMER LUKE
Photobucket


CAT IN THE HAT RUBY JANE
Photobucket


JACOB THE BAT MAN
Photobucket

Another Halloween down and many, many, many, (too many) more to come.  At least I have an entire year to gear up for next year.  

16 comments:

Andrea said...

Their costumes are dang cute. You did a wonderful job and I am sure that they had a blast. We did the hand me downs for 2 and bought one. Works great!!

Haley said...

I think those turned out awesome! I am for the homemade ones as well, love them.

Nicole said...

I love the homemade costumes too. They turned out super cute. You can usually talk them into something. Truman was going to be a spider and when we went to make it we tried an old pumpkin costume on and he said oh I am going to be a pumpkin. Easy enough.

katie said...

CUTE costumes. Loving the cat in the hat. Love the tutu as well- I bet you made it. You'll have to share your creativeness with me!

alicia said...

You don't know me, but I dumbed into your blog from Stacy's link. She used to live here in Iowa. Anyhow, LOVE your blog. You must be a photographer. Was wondering how you get your header that size?? I am stuck with a specific size and it still looks weird. Do you do something special or have a specific program or computer? (A little technology challenged.) Your Halloween pics are beautiful and your homemade costumes are priceless. Wish I had 1/2 the creativity you have!! Oh, my name is Alicia.

GoatesGirl said...

SARAH! They loove adorable. I love your kids. Man we miss you! Glad it went well, they kids look great. Did you paint your belly? Me either. =( Miss you.

Michelle Baird Designs said...

The Cat in the Hat Costume is soooooooo cute. All the kiddos look great. I have always known that about you...not liking Halloween very much, but every year you do awesome getting them all decked out and too fun Halloween activities.

Bobjen said...

HI there, it's Jen (Bob's wife)! I have been thinking about you and Eric and I hope that all is well! I decided to check out your blog so I could leave you a little hellow! The Halloween costumes are so so cute! Love all your pics!! Love your blog! :))

510Jen said...

Love the costumes. Way to pull them off!

Jessica O. said...

Your costumes turned out great. You are very talented and creative. Great job!!

Stohl Family said...

oh come on, with how cute your kids look in their costumes I know you LOVE Halloween...you just love all the candy that comes along with it right? A couple nights before Halloween I found the bag of last years candy that I hid the day after Halloween last year. Gotta love kids on a sugar high...Matt said no more candy for Josh, EVER! :)

Deb said...

Alright...your kids have the greatest costumes! They look adorable...hope your day of Spooks was fun!

The Larsons said...

VERY cute kids, costumes and pictures. You seemed to have done an amazing job for not even liking the holiday. Story of a mom's life... making sacrifices for our kids! I happy to love Halloween though.

Kim Ward said...

Super cute, your pictures as always are great! I'm working on my photography and it is so fun and just makes me happy!

tj said...

What adorable costumes-did you make that cute witches skirt. Speaking of sewing-your pattern is being sent out tomorrow.

ashlie said...

Awesome costumes! Your kiddos look so cute!