After last year of promising this cute boy a birthday party and NOT keeping my word, he was entitled one this year most definitely. My boys have been on a bowling kick ever since we were in Utah over Christmas so of coarse Luke chose to have a bowling party. Sounded easy enough- something I {along with Eric} could manage being 9 months prego. It was a success and the boys had a blast.

Here are the nine goofy boys that came and are such great friends to Luke. We had some first time bowlers and was funny to see them "chuck" that have ball down the lane. Eric had to assist some of them the entire game. I was SO glad he was around because I had to chase little Anna around {waddling that is} the entire time- she is one energetic girl. Her favorite thing to do was climb up where the balls pop out of and stick her head right down there- ummmm probably not the safest little girl.


{Luke, Jacob, John-John, Toby, Jake, David, Anthony, Brendan, Kenneth}

After one game {that was loooooong enough}, it was cupcakes {thanks to Sam's Club}, juice box's, & presents. A strange thing occurs back East at parties we have noticed- that is most kids don't open their presents at their birthday party. My kids seem to always be disappointed when they come home and weren't able to see what the gifts were. Not sure why they do it like that out here- that is probably the highlight of the party in most kids eyes. Luke most definitely was going to open his no questions asked. He got some pretty nifty stuff. His favorite was the remote control cruiser from John-John.

What a fun Saturday morning we all had. Luke told me it was the "BEST" day of his life which made for one happy mom. I am all about low key, mellow, simple, parties. In fact, the newest idea in the Blamires household is that our kids get a birthday party with friends every other year. The off years they can have a family one but the whole "friends" thing can get overwhelming. Not sure how that is going to go over but I am sticking to it "I hope!" Happy Birthday to you Luke!!! I hope that party tied you over for the next 2 years.

What a fun Saturday morning we all had. Luke told me it was the "BEST" day of his life which made for one happy mom. I am all about low key, mellow, simple, parties. In fact, the newest idea in the Blamires household is that our kids get a birthday party with friends every other year. The off years they can have a family one but the whole "friends" thing can get overwhelming. Not sure how that is going to go over but I am sticking to it "I hope!" Happy Birthday to you Luke!!! I hope that party tied you over for the next 2 years.




6 comments:
I think it was Tresure who gave me the idea to let kids have birthday parties on the even years. That way you get a year off and then you still hit the big milestones {8,12,16,18}- so that's what we're aiming for.
My SIL lets her kids have parties until they are 8 and then they are allowed one friend and they do an activity. I think this works too.
It's so hard when you seem to be going to a million parties each year you want it to be your kids turn so they can get the attention for a day!
Looks like a great party. Good idea on the cupcakes, and juice boxes. I'm glad you made it easy on yourself.
Happy Birthday Luke! Cute party. Are you hanging in there? Good Luck over the next couple of weeks.
Oh I wish we were there to give that cute boy a hug. Happy Birthday Luke. Miss you tons!
Looks like bowling was a hit! Glad he had such a great time. I love that Anna was climbing on everything makes me laugh because that is so Avery.
Fun party! I started the every other year thing too! My girls haven't seemed to mind. Best of luck with your new baby on the way!
Lisanne
I'm totally with you on the low key party thing. All they really remember is if they felt happy. We do the every other year thing and I love it. We do it on the odd years because I personally didn't want the kids to be more excited for their birthday party than for their baptism, YW, or getting the priesthood. Either way works great though. Hope your feeling good...any day now!
Post a Comment