Alright, let's begin with the costumes . . . I so wanted to go with the Wizard of Oz theme with ALL five. After mentioning it to the boys back in September, they thought I was the dumbest mom EVER!! Huh???? "You mean you don't want to be the Tin Man Jacob and have duct tape all over you? And the Scarecrow costume will be totally cool Luke~ I promise!" Well, after getting the eye from Eric a few times about letting the kids be what THEY want to be and have fun with it, I finally let it go. My hopes were gone. I was OK with it. At least these three agreed to my fantastic idea~
The week was extremely eventful and was sure glad to have Saturday finally come so I could just hang out with my family and enjoy the day together. It was warm and rainy but we had a great night. We were in and done with the whole Trick or Treating jive by 5:45. Yup, that early. Kids started around our neighborhood at 4pm so we decided to go and be done. After our traditional dinner of hotdog mummies and a new hit which was dinner in a pumpkin, we got jammies on, turned the porch light off, hid down in the basement and watched Ice Age Dawn of the Dinosaur which by the way is so cute~ loved it. The kids were in bed by 8:30pm and then Eric and I got to hang out and watch our movie. Couldn't have been a more perfect, fun, memorable night. However, the costumes are nicely folded and put away in their place high up on a shelf in the garage until next year~ and I am glad I don't have to think about Halloween for another 365 days. {although I am starting to enjoy it more & more every year}





9 comments:
Love the costumes - you did great! You are lucky to get it over so early too. I like to do themes too and this year was a little hard, although I think Connor made a great pirate. Last year they were darth vader and princess leia. Connor's mentioned the possiblilty of no more costumes... already?? We'll have to wait and see.
Dang kids wanting to be what they want to be! Gone are the days we as the mother get to pick. They all look adorable!! See ya soon
love the costumes! those are some cute cute kiddos! we were going until 9:30....that's what happens when they start going by themselves.
They all look so cute. Love those kids!!!
Adorable costumes Sarah.
Please tell me that's not little claire that Jacob's holding? She's half of Jacob and certainly not an newborn anymore. how quickly they've all grown up!
I think they all look so cute. Anna is my favorite what a great hat! You still amaze me.
What an adorable bunch! Hope you guys had a great Halloween!! Miss you.
Love the theme! I wanted to do a theme too but same thing! Kids Rule I guess! Cutest Dorothy ever!
Found you off of Budges blog. What a cute family! where are you guys now? cleanmouth2@gmail.com
Post a Comment