Thursday, January 28, 2010

twenty confessions.

1. I have had the most humongous zit I have EVER had in my life :: why @ 33?

2. I love my babies stinky feet- really, I could sniff them all day long.
3. A runners high??? For the first time ever I have experienced that awesome feeling just this month. Loving running lately. Love the pounding of my feet on the pavement. Love hearing my heavy breathing (and seeing it too because it is so darn cold outside). Love feeling my heart beating fast. Love feeling the fresh air on my face. Love to sweat (even though I'm not much of a sweater). Love feeling like I accomplished something.
4. I am missing the hubs lately. He has been super duper busy and home late this entire week (like really late that I am in bed). It stinks. My kids miss him too. We have lived 2 totally separate lives this week. Only 17 more months of this.
5. A guilty pleasure:: Monday nights after the kids are in bed I indulge myself in some TV watching. The Bachelor of all shows. I don't normally watch TV. Yes, probably a little trashy but it is so entertaining. Am I the only one that enjoys this? A little secret:: Eric gets so into too when he is around. It's way more fun watching it with him by my side with root beer floats in hand.
6. A bowl of cereal before bed makes it all go away.
7. Luke is so LOUD. We are beginning to wonder if he has hearing problems (serious).
8. Chick-fil-a makes me smile. Especially their shakes. And even more when Eric and I sneak out and do a quick run through the drive though with no kids. Our date night.
9. I miss my friends.
10. A warming rice bag is found around my neck most of the day- love them.
11. I don't wear make up (except on Sunday). At least in Jersey. Why should I? No one else does around here (I know what your thinking 510Jen).
12. I wish I played the violin more. I miss it. I probably have lost all my talent. I think this will be an upcoming month's goal.
13. Today Jacob brought home math homework that I couldn't even figure out. Oh boy, am I ever so in for it. I am scared that I am not going to be able to help him out much longer.
14. Fur grows on my teeth. Haven't you ever had that feeling of furry teeth at the end of the day? Come on . . . admit it.
15. Nobody blogs anymore. Why? It makes me sad.
16. Actually what makes me more sad is that my Mom and sis are heading down to Vegas tomorrow for a long weekend getaway to see the Donnie and Marie show. No fair. I want to be there so bad. I hope they have the time of their life.
17. I dream about getting Lasik eye surgery daily. It is time. My eyes are rejecting contacts. I am done hiding behind these glasses of mine. I don't have the money but probably won't ever have it. So why not do it now? I think I just might.
18. I sleep next to a "grizzly bear" at night- he totally makes noises all night long with his mouth . . . snoring, breathing heavily, laughing- you name it I hear it.
19. Oh, and that grizzly bear also is "diagonal boy"- he likes to sleep diagonally in the bed with his head at one corner and feet at the other corner. He doesn't know how to lay straight. Therefore, leaving moi with like NO room. Guess it could be worse. Time for a California King.
20. And the above is why I probably feel like I need a nap everyday. I am up a lot at night. Not because of my five kids, but because of the adorable grizzly.

and one more for luck::
21. My all time favorite lip liner is still the Wet N' Wild cheap 99 cents #666. Love it. Can only find it at K-Mart. Walmart doesn't even carry it anymore. Been using it since High School. Go on- give it a try- you won't regret it.

**nope- no picture. just writing this time. strange I know. not sure if I like that either.

11 comments:

Cherie said...

Tell me more about number 17 - I may be able to commiserate (sniff sniff). Love you!

Lisanne said...

Totally get 17 too! I have been putting contacts in my eyes for 20 years, why stop now? One day!!

Sabrena Suite-Mangum said...

#9
#13
#21

I love you

And I do get furry teeth, eek.

alicia said...

I love the 20 confessions and the fact that you aren't afraid to write them. I can relate to so many... 1,3,4,5,9,15,17,18 sometimes, and 19. I actually played the violin too, but it is all gone now. Keep it up! And I guess who doesn't get furry teeth from time to time.

Thanks! Needed that today. Wish we lived closer.

510Jen said...

I love confession posts. I love that you refer to Eric as a grizzly. I say make up at least twice a week and yes you can count Sunday. Get that lasic and you will be wearing it more-- your eyes are so beautiful. Hang in there 17 months will fly. I think it is a 6 year old boy thing because collin is loud too. Yes furry teeth happens everyday about 7p. Bachelor gotta love such trashy TV. Runners hi--still waiting for that one. Blogging? I know what happened to it? I think we are all trying to stay caught up with way too many things.
love ya.

Ginnie said...

Loved this post- furry teeth, no make-up and all!

Anonymous said...

I still get lots of zits and I'll be 40 on Tuesday. I don't know if I'll ever outgrow them.

Laurie said...

Love confessions...I am missing reading others confessions on their blogs...because you are right...not enough blogging these days. Miss you! wish you were here to swap fuzzy teeth stories and confirm for me that maybe my four year old has a hearing probalem as well. Other kids respond to "shhh....inside voice"...Burke only knows "shhhh....deer hunt voice."

rachel said...

this was the best. I am totally feel it. Also Chris will probably be able to help you with those eyes of yours in a 3 years or sooner. That might be to long though.

The Larsons said...

Love your post... confessions help us other moms feel "normal". ;) I'm addicted to running too. 17 months after starting to train for a half marathon to lose baby weight, my "habit" is having to move to the eliptical cause I'm 15 weeks pregnant with the next. Keep it up. I've decided all mom's should be required to exercise... it helps my sanity. Read my last post on my blog and you'll know why I've been bad at blogging. :( My fear of blogging being a "fad" is coming true, and it only makes me miss my friends more!

girlfriday said...

first, i LOVE watching tv on my laptop after my kids are in bed. second, i still blog, but YOU never read it!! third, if you lived closer to me, your kids would be with ME and YOU would be with your fam in vegas!!!