This crochet{ing} thing can be addicting. I have been keeping my hands busy for sure. It is the perfect thing to do while helping Jacob practice the piano each afternoon, while hanging out at basketball practice for 2 hours, while waiting for dinner to finish cooking and I have 5 minutes to spare, or even while watching a movie with the fam.
It really is a fun thing to do~ AND my girls have benefited greatly. They love their head wraps just as much as I do. The choice is what color they {& I} will be wearing that day. Wether or not they want one big flower or a bunch of flowers. A straight band or a big & chunky. Scalloped edges or straight. Thick or thin. So many creative options.





These are the hats I made for my nieces and nephew for Christmas. It was hard to give these babies away BUT they were made with pure love for the ones I love.
So . . . go on . . . what are you waiting for? Go pick yourself up a roll of yarn and a hook for under 5 bucks and give it a try. If my eight year old Achievement Day girls can learn . . . so can you. You won't regret it. I promise.




18 comments:
i did ONE WHOLE BAND... and stopped at that!
You and Jen are MANIAC'S! [insert Maniac song here]
Maybe next winter I will get on the crocheting bandwagon [and they will prob. be out of style by then!]
Hey, Hey! It's been a long time since I have said HI to you! So, HI!
I love checking out your blog and love all the fun things you do with your family. You are such a creative and fun mom!
I really need to be taking more notes from you!
P.S The crochet things are A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E!!!!!!! I don't have any girls, ...I better get on that....but I do have a couple cute neices :) I know how to crochet a little. Can you hook me up with where you got the patterns?
You have got me motivated...!!
You love me, right? so go on and crochet me something pretty... :)
They look fabulous!
I too would love the patterns...I've been on a bit of a knitting kick lately, but would love to pick up crocheting again. Darling!!
Seriously, what aren't you good at? Super cute and the hats perfect!
ps....with five kids and a husband never home, how do you even have 5 spare minutes??
LOVE the wraps! We have a bunch that I bought, but i want to learn how to make them so badly. I know how to crochet around baby blankets . . . how do i do this??I want to learn. Help!!
Oh how I wish I knew how
You've got skillz.
Love it!
so so SOOO cute! pattern please!!!
I WANT ONE!!!!I have so much to laern from you. When can I come over? You could sell those they are so cute!
You are really from a different world... like Kolob or something.
I can't believe what an amazing mom you are... actually, yes I can. You've always been amazing.
Can you believe how fast this past year went with our little ones?!?!
Miss you, and am in awe... as usual.
(And AMEN to Lisanne's comments!)
PS. Are you still p90x-ing it up?
I love knitting and crocheting. I just had to put my needles away this winter because there have been too many other things I am interested in right now. Now you are making me wish that I had been working on something. Those all turned out so great!!! I LOVE, love, love them. Did you get your wrap patterns online, or did you buy them? I would love to know your source. I am glad I have a girl now because girl things are much cuter and more fun.
Sorry that last post was me, not Brandon.
They all turned out so cute. Oh the addiction.
Save on shipping, when you send Ginnie one, throw one in there for me too. It will be loved and used:)
Ummmm....what don't you do?:)
You definately have talent! Love all of them!!!
Sarah, these are adorable. I don't know how you find the time. Where did you find the pattern for these? I would like to give it a try. I think Zoe would love one...and me too!
Maureen
did you ever get the one's i sent you? did they serve as a pattern or did you make one up?
way cute sar! you are one talented momma!
Post a Comment