that is what it has felt like lately.
Feelings of me living in this part of town and Eric living in that country. Yes, country. And neither of us have the funds to go see the other. And our six kids? Boy, they have been floating somewhere in between trying to grab onto one of us.
I don't like this feeling- a t a l l . It just shouldn't be this way. Eric and I really have not been able to just sit down and just "hash" out the things that need to be "hashed"out. It has been a whirlwind of a few months to say the least and don't see the near future slowing down either. Does it ever slow down?
Goods things are happening though. Our life decisions are being made. Things are beginning to fall into place which feels good.
Oh, and we hit a H U G E milestone. Our countdown of our time here in the East has been by General Conference's. I remember saying to my family, "Only 8 more Conference's." Then 7. . . . Well, we just watched our L A S T Conference here in our Jersey home last weekend. Sort of a strange feeling. Am I ready to leave my little bubble here? I think I am. I have been counting the days down since we began this journey 5 years ago. It just feels a bit surreal.
Now, if I can just grab onto my kids and reel them in . . . and get Eric back into town, it would feel like we are a family again. I miss that feeling. I want it back soon.
In other random news:
Jacob had his 3rd grade recorder concert at school last week. Boy, did all that noise and ruckus he made on a daily basis with that thing pay off. It surprisingly was a really good concert. The kids all stayed together and sounded awesome. Jacob played a solo . . . America. He worked hard on it. I was proud of him. Jacob loves music and has an ear for it.
These three are as different as night and day. They certainly are best friends. They do everything together (even take baths). They watch out for one another. They help one another. They are never bored together. They have a special "sister" bond that I hope they will always cherish.
Little Mac. What in the world are your toes doing? They are always like this. Spread wide with his big toe sticking in the air. Too funny. I also loves that he likes to sleep with his arms up and hands in the air. He is "growing out" of his burrito style wrap up to sleep (especially for cat naps). He has us all wrapped around his little finger. Love you little bubbs.
Now, off to go grab my hubbs who's back in town for the moment and children and have some much needed family time.






6 comments:
Life sounds busy. Hang in there girly.
I can't believe your almost done and then the real life begins... I'm not so much a fan of the real life. ;)
Hang in there!! and I am sure it will always be busy for you...but it will be nice for you to be settled somewhere atleast...love ya!
I still can't believe you did soccer! Amazing! Our spring break is the 18th-22nd. What are you up to? (besides living the whirlwind that is your life right now?) That baby is so cute. And so are the rest, of course--growing so fast in the short time since I've seen them.
Oh his toes!!!! Time is a ticking and I am SOOOO excited you're coming my way! Love ya
Hey Sarah,
I didn't know you live near Philly. My husband travels there a lot for work and I take the kids out sometimes. I can't believe you have six kids. You are crazy! Congrats on your little Maxwell. My Maxwell is a sweetheart so I hope yours is too.
Good luck!
ash
Post a Comment