Monday, June 25, 2007

the Atlantic shore


WHAT IS THAT?

We don't know either. Suprisingly enough animal lover Eric doesn't even know what it is. We spent Saturday at the shore and the kids (and Eric) spent most of the time digging for crabs and such.... this is what they found. Not just one but tons and tons. Jacob was begging to take them home so his hermit crab would have a friend but Dad said no- they need to be in their own habitat.


They are some sort of crustacean that live under the wet sand. I am not at all shocked that Jacob isn't afraid to touch them and let them crawl up his arm. I think they look disgusting.



We had a blast being together as a family despite the 2 hour car ride instead of 1 and the mob of beach lovers. This was the first weekend with school out and good weather so everyone else had the same idea we had. Not to foget to mention that weekends are ALWAYS crazy down at the shore. Probably my last time down there on a weekend. Weekdays are much more pleasant.


Little Ruby Jane just walked around and played in the sand. I am a little suprised that she kept her hat on. Isn't she just so cute. I think so. She is my little buddy.

1 comment:

510Jen said...

That is so fun that you have a beach so close to home. I guess close is relative. And even better Eric had a day off of work. Love the pictures. And yes little Ruby Jane is adoreable can't wait to see you guys in Utah.