Friday, October 5, 2007

FLASHBACK FRIDAY



I have been feeling pretty lonely lately missing my "good old friends" I met in Cleveland. This was our last year in dental school and we took a "girls trip" to Columbus, OH for Time Out For Women. Besides going to the conference which was SOOOO inspiring and uplifting, we shopped, ate, stayed up late talking, and just enjoyed being together. It was just wonderful to have a break from kids and the duties of being "mom."




This must have been a desperate, brave, single man. Little did he know we were all happily married with kids. I don't think if I were a guy approaching this scene I would dare get in.
A lot of us were prego (including we with Ruby) so after a long day, we just wanted to soak our tired feet and talk. It was so great and a fun little gettaway. I couldn't ask for better friends. I love you all and miss ya.

7 comments:

510Jen said...

OH I Love this flashback. We had so much fun. Was this when you and BH spent half your time in the auto shop fixing the Expo. I miss you girls too we had so many great time back in OH didn't we. It can still continue if all of you get you booties to AZ. I know at least half will be there.

Jessie Riley said...

I AM DYING AT THAT GUY!!! Apparently he had a LONG day too. and all he wanted to do was soak his SELF... !

Cute flashback. LOVE IT!

The Larsons said...

I am really missing all you guys too! I really don't think anything will compare to the friendships made there, away from family. You guys were all such great examples to me! Thanks!

Laurie said...

Miss you tons! We (Kar, Tres, Katie and I) were just talking about you. I was wondring how the heck you are. I miss you and think we need to start planning a get together in SOUTHERN UTAH again. Perhaps we can sawy those Az girls to make a trip here again. I am friendless these days and spend most of my days working at the practice, hoping and praying to find an office take manager or a nanny. I prefer an office manager, but I'll what I can get at this point. I feel so blessed that things are going great with the practice and that Jeremy is such a hard worker. And I feel blessed to have had such fun time sin dental school and to have made so many fun friends and fun memories. I'm a bit misty eyed. Miss you! Thanks for the flashback. (And might I add I am glad I am bent over in that pic so you can't see my big belly.)

Sydney said...

That was SO much fun! The shopping was incredible and I remember the comfy beds, trying to park in the underground parking, looking for food and of course the fashion show back in the hotel room. Time Out was pretty good too but I'm sorry to say, it was trumped by the gals I was with:) Miss you!

Haley said...

Sarah-- LOVE the flashback too! I found your blog on Jen's page...
That was such a fun trip! And I still think about that GAP outlet/clearance store, why can't they have one of those out here?
Anyways, we are now down here in Southern Utah too, with Laurie, even though I haven't seen her yet--she's is way too busy for friends! J/K Laurie!

katie said...

Sarah-oh how I am missing you. I almost cried when I saw these pics. What a FUN weekend!You are such a great friend and I will always treasure "cleveland memeories!"