Friday, November 2, 2007

Candy Overload!!


What do you do with all of your stash?
I am grossed out with all the candy we have this year. With four kids, we just got loaded up with way too much. I have let my kids go at it the last two days but I think it is time for me to take control. I hate to just throw away perfectly good candy so here are my ideas:
1. give it all away to the missonaries- I know they would just love it
2. freeze the chocolate and use to make cookies, ice cream, or to stick in lunch
3. save for christmas gingerbread houses

What do you do with all of your loot? Any other great ideas?

3 comments:

Nicole said...

INCENTIVE! A couple pieces a day for good behavior. It's great, the pieces are little, and kids will be angels for or do anything you want them to, if they can just have 2 pieces of candy.
I like the missionary idea. The Elders would love that!

GarrGroup said...

We had a candy buyback this year at Ben's office. So I let the girls choose a few pieces of candy and then we made some money off dad! Plus I don't have to look at the candy anymore!

kara jayne said...

I totally bought the kids candy off of them this year. I didn't intend on doing it, but like you said it just ended up being too much. I looked at their enormous piles and just blurted out..."I'll give you ten bucks for all your candy." Jack handed his over immediately, it took Ella a little while to come around. My problem now is the same as yours. I am going to mail it to missionaries from our ward.