Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween Fun



I must admit that Halloween is my least favorite holiday. My mom never liked it either and I think it rubbed off on me. Now that I have kids that get excited about it, I need to put the effort out to make it special for them. In my eyes we had a great time with all the Halloween festivities. The kids and Eric enjoyed making and decorating haunted houses- or should I say enjoyed the frosting the best turning their tongues BLACK. For FHE we made and decorated sugar cookies and then took them around to neighbors. I was SOOOO glad Eric was around to do the part I dislike the most- rolling out the dough over and over again. The kids had a ball. And we all enjoyed HOT DOG MUMMIES for dinner Halloween night. I think this will be a tradition from now on. They are fun/easy to make and taste great (if you like hotdogs). All in all we had a fatastic time being togethe as a family.

-this is for my family- click on the picture to view it bigger.

5 comments:

ashli said...

Sarah-
CUTE PICTURES! I love the little arrangement you did, and wish that I had the know how of photoshop like you. Maybe someday! Those mummies are darling. Did you just use Rhodes dough or make your own? Darling ideas and fun times at the Blamires.
Love,
ashli

katie said...

You are so creative Sarah. I love the hot dog mummies. I'm doing that next year. I want to see pics of your kids costumes.

ashli said...

p.s. I see that I was kicked off your friend list.... are you implying something? :)

GoatesGirl said...

Yeah! Loved the pictures. We made mummy dogs for our neighborhood Halloween party. Wish we were together to celebrate. Miss ya!

steph said...

don't you love it when your husband becomes one of the kids! eric looks like he is having just as much fun as they are.
i still need to call you. i SERIOUSLY think about every single day, but by the time i think about it again it's like 11:00 at night. i just need to make a huge note and put it somewhere where i can see it. hopefully this weekend, i'll try and call sunday. talk to you soon - hopefully!