OK, this is seriously the best homemade white bread I have ever made. You have got to make it and it is so easy. YUM-O!!!! My family will go through 3 loaves in just about 5 days. Do not be intimidated if you have never made bread. It is seriously simple and almost as good as Grandma Sycamore bread that you can only get in Ut. Love that stuff.
You can mix this in your KItchen Aid, Bosch, or by hand. One of the secrets is to let it rise once or twice in the mixing bowl before rolling out or putting in loaf pans.
Mix 1 cup warm H20
1 1/2 T yeast
1 T sugar
Add flour mixture to yeast mixture
2 1/2 c. hot H20
1/2 c. sugar
2/3 c. oil
1 T salt
1 1/2 T Glutton
6-7 c white flour
I add a T of dough enhancer before adding flour.
Add flour to mixture until sides pull away from bowl, but this dough is a soft sticky dough. I use 8 1/2 c. flour to get my dough just right. Knead on machine or hand until a nice soft dough. Let rise in bowl until doubled in size. Punch down and let it rise again. Punch down and then shape into loafs or rolls. Let rise again while in pan until doubled before baking.
For bread, this makes about 3 large loafs. Grease pans and bake 350 for about 35 minutes. You'll have to play around with your oven to get it just perfect.
For rolls, roll out dough 1/2 " thick on counter either with a little flour if needs it or pam sprayed on it. **Orange filling is 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter, melted, rind of 1 orange grated. Spread on dough. This is an easy way to form creasent shapes: cut 5" wide strips. Crisscross in triangles. Roll into creasant shapes and put into pan close together. It is fun to have them so close that there is no crust except for around the edges of pan. They rise into each other, like pull aparts. Let rise in pan until double. Bake 350 degrees until lightly browned, yet baked in middle 10 min. or so. I frost with a little butter, p. sugar, canned milk or water, and vanilla making it slightly thin frosting while warm.
**can also do cinnamon sugar sweet rolls. The skies the limit with this dough. Be creative and have fun with it.
Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
4-5 c. water
3 chicken boullion cubes
Add: carrots, celery, onion chopped (to your liking)
Cook 3 hours on low in Crock Pot
Add: 2 cans cream of chicken soup
2 cups cooked shredded chicken
Cook 2 more hours and add 2 c. uncooked egg noodles last hour.
Perfect on a cold winter night with hot homemade bread with butter. Can't get better than that!
Monday, January 14, 2008
What's for Dinner...WEDNESDAY!
at
3:32 PM
Labels: happy bread baking
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I knew you'd have something great for dinner... I love checking your blog on Wed!
OH SARAH... My new COOKING FRIEND!
My mom will be here next week. MAYBE we will make this! SOUNDS SO YUMMY. I wish you could post SMELLS of FRESH BAKED BREAD on the blog. I would get HIGH of smelling fresh bread! MMMMMMMM.
So I make a good roll but I've never tried bread. So sorry for being so stupid but where do I find gluten and dough enhancer???
Yummy!
i'm making this one.
I love your recipes- I have so many that are yours and they are my favorites! I'm going have to try your bread-Gramma Sycamores is my favorite bread. I buy five loafes at a time and freeze them. Yum-thanks
Man.... what a great idea. It is an inspiration to us all!!!! Nothing better than fresh bread!!!! This is Whitney Hammer. You have such a cute family. I love your blog. Enjoy your January!!!
this was a big hit at our house! thanks for the recipe sarah.
Post a Comment