Saturday, January 19, 2008

FLASHBACK FRIDAY


Boys will be boys... proof written all over Luke's forehead. Luke just turned 2 in this picture. January 2006, we spent the month down in Blanding, Utah. Eric was on a rotation down in Montazuma Creek Indian Reservation and the U of U put us up in a house to stay for the time we were there. We had a great time exploring South Eastern Utah on the weekends and was a fun change for us all. Well, one night Eric, Jacob, and Luke were wrestling like they do on a nightly basis when Eric is home and it got a little out of hand. One thing let to another and turned into running around the house chasing one another. The second Luke fell in the corner and Jacob landed smack on top of him, I new. I new that there was a heater vent in that area and that we had a serious problem. And so we did. Blood dripping down his face with a split right in the middle of his forehead. I felt terrible and as a mother was scared. What do we do? We were in the middle of no where, didn't know a soul, and it was like 9:00 at night on a Sunday evening. PANIC!!!! Eric thought he could sew him up and I said no way to that. If it had been on his hand or any other body part that would have been fine. But, having it right in the mid-center of his forehead where everyone sees first thing, I wanted someone that could make it look good. Well, we didn't have many options at this point. Long story short, we called the bishop of the ward down in Blanding (there just happened to be a stake directory on the kitchen table) and asked him if there was anyone in the area that could sew little Luke up being on a Sunday and so late in the evening. He gave us a name of someone and Eric called him and proceeded to tell him the story and this doctor was not going to give up his Sun. evening to help us out. With much persistence on Eric's part, this man felt sorry for us in the end and met Eric and Luke in his office. I was SOOOO grateful that this man's heart was softened and he agreed to stitch Luke up. What would we have done? It could have been one LONG night. In a matter of an hour Eric and Luke were back home like nothing happened. Luke went off running around again when he was suppose to be in bed. I am just so thankful we got it all taken care of and the rest of our time down there was a joy. Love ya little Luke even though you have a big scar that reminds me of that scary night on a daily basis.

5 comments:

510Jen said...

I still can't believe Eric stitched that up. Only Bla. I love Lukie and his gorgeous eyes. Happy flashback I love em. Even though I always forget to do them.

Jessie Riley said...

OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!
he is SO CUTE!

Sue said...

Ryan has stitched up Zach's chin, Taylor's head (under his hair) and my hand. Gotta love those handy guys with their lidocaine and needles.
I love this picture of Luke. Doesn't seem at all bothered about a hole in his forehead.

Tina said...

Ouch that looks like it hurt. Is Eric going into plastic surgery? HaHa

Kristin said...

Hey! Got your blogspot from Katie. Your blog is great! Hope all is well with you guys.
Kristin Jarman