Wednesday, January 30, 2008

What's for Dinner...WEDNESDAY!

Here's what I'm going to be sizzling up in my kitchen tonight for my gang. It has a nice kick to it and truly is very simple AND TASTY!!!

FAJITA MARINADE
1/2 c. oil
1/4 c. soy sauce
1/3 c. finely grated onion
1/2 of large juiced lemon
1/2 tsp. tarragon
1/2 tsp. rosemary
1/2 tsp. garlic
1/2 c. chopped cilantro

Cut up thin strips of chicken OR steak and marinade choice of meat overnight (a couple of hours will work too). Add sliced peppers and onion last 15 minutes to marinade. Stir fry or grill meat and veggies until done. Assemble with
THE WORKS...tortilla's, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, salsa, whatever you like. Speaking of salsa, here is an awesome homemade salsa that is perfect for the winter when tomatoes aren't in season.

BRI'S SALSA
2 cans stewed tomatoes
3 TBS. red wine vinegar
1 tsp. garlic salt
1 tsp. oregano flakes
1 or 2 Serrano chilies (depending on how hot you like it)
2 green onions, diced
1/2 bunch cilantro
Salt and Pepper to taste

Put all ingredients into a blender and blend. I like mine a little chunky so I don't blend it too much. This is one of our favorite snacks of all time- my kids eat it too and love it.

Have fun cooking tonight for your family.

2 comments:

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Cute blog! Love the header. Yes, I like the dark chocolate. And no, it's not too dark.

The Homely Animal said...

Great new blog look! I'm so impressed that you actually cook so much, like every day. I like to think that I invented the hot dog burrito (hot dog+tortilla) which will tell you how much I cook!