
This is me to a T on a daily basis. Most mom's feel like they have these kinds of days once in awhile, but, I usually have them once a day. I call it "my moment." It usually occurs between 4-7 pm just after Anna has gotten up from her nap and Jacob gets home from school. Diapers need to be changed, little Ruby needs to be taken to the bathroom (she still doesn't think she can do it herself), dinner needs to be made, homework done, all four want a drink and a snack even though dinner is in an hour, Luke wants to be read to, Jacob needs me to look at his school stuff, there are phone calls to be made, I'm usually cleaning up a spill here and there, toys to be picked up, laundry to be changed over or folded, dishes are dirty in the sink, I would LOVE to sneak an email in, Anna is crying and pulling at my legs to be held, bickering going on amongst my boys the ENTIRE time, Ruby asks to watch Dora at least 20 times, the noise level raises 100 plus during these hours, the TV is blasting in my ear giving me a headache, PJ's eventually need to get put on... you get the point. In the three hours of craziness, I wonder to myself, "will this ever end?" It does, as soon as the kids are finally in bed, but during "my everyday moment", I am not the mom I wish to be. My voice raises almost to a yell, my kids are in time out more than they are not, I get extremely irritated with things that don't normally bother me, I just want to crawl in a hole and not come out until it is over. Is this normal? Why is this the same routine every single day? I am a person who loves routine, but this one has to end. I can't seem to come up with a plan that would lessen the chaos of this time of day. I suppose every household is like this in the afternoon/early evening. It stinks and wish I could magically jump over these hanous hours. I know I know... one day I will be sad I don't have all the commotion going on and wish I had someone to make some noise. However, until then, I guess it is a daily battle trying to juggle all that has to be accomplished from 4-7 as a single mom (not really but feel like it more than not).
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Everyday moment
at
2:01 PM
Labels: a crazy three hours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Sarah, I dont know how you do it with 4 kids! You are amazing! You seem like you are the best mommy and yes all of us do have our time of the day!
I think my chat with Sarah today (with me expressing that I feel like she is a perfect Mom) spurred this blog, but now the other can know that - YOU'RE NORMAL (well as normal as a Mom with 4 young kids can be)! I too feel like a single Mom often and wonder why? why? can't I get the kids ready and in the van without having to yell or feel like a maniac. Why can't a really have 2 pairs of arms and eyes on the back of my head? And I too am sure that when all this chaos comes to end I will miss "some" of it and wished I handled it with more patience and class. PS: I will ALWAYS think you are an AMAZING mom even between the hours of 4 and 7!
I don't need to tell you that I often feel the exact same way. You obviously read my post on this same topic a couple of weeks ago. Hang in there and as I'm sure you know...The sun will come out tomorrow...at least it always does in AZ!
You are so normal Sarah. At least I would like to say that you are, because then I will be normal also. We all have our "moments". And will continue to have them. It's part of being a mom. If someone told us really how difficult this job would be, we would think twice before taking it. But you are a WONDERFUL and amazing mom with 4 beautiful children. Isn't it amazing that at the end of the day, we still have an overwhelming love for our children? Aren't we so lucky! I feel bad for those that don't get to experience the "moments". Because at the end of the day, we have a heart full of love. You're amazing!!!!
Hey if you ever need a dark hole to crawl into I have an apartment that could be compared to a dark hole... does that count? I'm just a 45 min. drive a way ;).
AMEN! We all have days like this! Hang in there!
I love your honesty... Thanks for being HUMAN! :)
I will think of you the next time I feel like this... and then I will just laugh... knowing that we might be going through this at the same time!
HUGS from IA.
OH I wish I could be a fly on the wall because I can just see it. You are normal! My life is like this between those times also. Thank goodness for Kindergarten so for at least a couple of hours a day you are down to only 3 kids. You are a great mom with so much patience I have always admired this about you.
I feel your pain. Funny picture. Ya, I have the "my moments" daily too. Funny, that is about the same time of day it happens for me too. That is when I keep looking at the clock, waiting for Matt to walk through the door and save me.
I don't know why but from the dawn of time mothers have had the same problem between 4 and bedtime. And from the dawn of time mothers have had the challenge of trying to cope with everything that happens from 4 to bedtime. And we all made it the best way we knew how so just hang in there and make changes as they come to you. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment