Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A little of this and that

It has been nothing but a rainy and dreary month here in Southern Jersey. It if is going to rain, just snow PLEASE. We are dying for some white, soft, fluffy stuff to play in and enjoy. We haven't gotten one snow fall this winter and it is about time. Yes, I am ready for Spring but would rather see snow than rain at this point. We are stuck indoors ALL DAY (besides our running around doing errands and wonderful library hour). My kids have learned to walk outside holding their pants up so they don't get sopping wet in the puddles of water everywhere. I don't think I could do it Eric... living in a rainy state like Oregon or Washington would just be a bit too much for me. Well, at least for now, I guess I can continue to enjoy being indoors reading to the kids, trying to get caught up on laundry (as always), organizing my hanous mess in our garage, and trying to get a little bit of scrapbooking in.
Eric enjoyed his birthday... or should I say the kids enjoyed it more probably. Eric was on call Friday so we celebrated his day on Saturday. Saturday morning Jacob woke up and made this card for his dad. This was the first time he has written anything without me helping him spell. I love the way he sounded it out. Love FIRSTS!!


This is Jacob and his Dad jumping on the tramp.

So Luke had to do as Jacob did and make a birthday card also. Here is what he came up with. YIKES!!! What in the world is that? He says it is him and dad outside. We will be working on that one it looks like.


The minute Eric walked in the door Sat. morning, the kids ran to him with his ONE present and their cards they made and wouldn't even let him breathe. I insisted on him getting his bloody, nasty scrubs off so he did that and threw on his robe. Nope, not even time for a shower.

He wasn't too thrilled about his measly gift of a shirt and tie, but was in desperate need of a new one. Maybe next year honey an X-Box 360 can be wrapped up instead.

So, here is little Anna all big and grown up now. Can't hardly believe she is walking. It makes me a little sad to see her getting so big. I was sitting at the kitchen table the other day and just happened to have my camera sitting right there. I heard her little pitter patter feet coming in so picked it up to catch her in the moment of walking. This is how it went... the minute she saw me, she stopped and looked down at her feet to make sure she was still standing and had her blankie. She then walked closer to me and started playing with me. Thumb in and out of her mouth, walking back and forth, talking gibberish. I so wish now I would have recorder her because it was so funny.


Along with bad weather, we have all been sick. It went through all six of us and finally Anna and Ruby are on the mend being the last. Ruby's nose is SO RAW she just doesn't even look like herself. I seriously think she wipes her nose like 100 times a day. At least she does it herself so I don't. However, she uses like 10 squares of toilet paper each time. We have gone through a lot of TP this week. I hope we are done wiping snotty noses until next winter.

This picture doesn't do the redness justice. Today it is scabbed over.

Just a few shots of my BABY BLUES!!! I love my kids eyes and love that we all have blue eyes. These were just randomly taken on a day that I saw some light come in through our window. I jumped to the opportunity to not have to use the flash.


Aren't my boys just handsome? Nice faces guys.



These greenish, yellowish, round lookin things are whatI have been into eating lately- MANGOS. I thoroughly enjoy eating them. I saw a box of 12 at Costco last week and splurged ($6.98) Yes, that is a splurge for me. But, they have been so worth it. They taste better than candy. I have had to guard them on a daily basis from my kids. They like them as much as I do.

This is Jacob's favorite time of the week... POPCORN PARTIES. Every Friday night we have a popcorn party. No, not microwave popcorn but the real stuff with loads of butter and salt. He makes it all by himself. We throw out all the blankets and put a good movie in and just CHILL as a family. It is so fun to munch on greasy stuff and watch a good flick.


LIBERTY BELL

There is a reason for ALL of you to come visit. Philly is very historical and Eric and I saw a glimpse of it last Saturday. Neither of us had been in the city yet (sad I know) but we had a babysitter for a few hours and took off. We did the LIberty Bell and Independence Hall. Very interesting and so much to take in. I look forward to getting back to the city and visiting all the other amazing places. Here is everyone's invite for the next 3 1/2 years. You are all welcome and would LOVE some visitors. You have a place to stay (your own private bedroom), promise to have great food to eat, and there is lots to do. New York City is only 1 hour 20 minutes and D.C. is 1 hour 40 minutes away. You are welcome to take my car and go explore to these fabulous places. Granted, four wild kids will be running around and you may only see Eric's face no more than a few hours, but we have so much to offer. What are you all waiting for?

Last but not least... a worn out boy. Luke tends to do this on a weekly basis. He doesn't take naps but there are days he just can't make it through. I love seeing tired kids finally give in. But why always on the coffee table?


Man, that was sure a mish mash of random stuff but oh well. Gotta have randomness in my life on a daily basis. I am off to feed my kids and fold MORE laundry. Have a good one.

Oh, almost forgot... WHAT'S FOR DINNER WEDNESDAY!!!

HAWAIIAN CHICKEN

4-6 chicken breasts
½ c. flour
½ c. cornstarch
3-4 eggs
Cut chicken into bite size pieces. Mix flour and cornstarch and coat chicken. Beat eggs and coat chicken. Cook until browned in frying pan.
SAUCE
¼ c chicken broth
¾ c. sugar
¾ c. vinegar
4 Tbsp. Catsup
1 Tbsp. Soy sauce
Mix and dissolve sugar in vinegar and add remaining ing. Add browned chicken and bake @ 350 45-60 min. Sauce should be thick and sticky. Serve with rice.
Thanks Syd for the reminder... DOUBLE the sauce. It is YUMMO to put on top of your rice.

Seriously an ALL TIME FAVORITE. Beware... it really makes your kitchen smell like vinegar when it is cooking. Definitely clears out your nose. This is another one from my sister in law Nicole. Enjoy!!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

I love to read your blog and see everything that you are up to. I think your time in Jersey isn't like your time in Ohio. I would love to take you up on a free room to stay and some of your good food and some really good company along with some fun places to visit.

Sydney said...

That recipe is one of my all-time favorites too. I always make it for company and everyone who tries it- loves it! I do it the easy way and bake it instead of letting it simmer on the stove and I always double the sauce!

Love the randomness, isn't that what life is all about. Laundry, sick kids and lots of milestones like walking and having a day out with the hubby!

I would love to come visit too. It would be a great trip and I'd be thrilled with the good food and the popcorn fest on Friday night!

Sydney said...

Okay, I'm a dork. You bake yours too. When I first made it I would just simmer it on the stove and it always took forever and I dried out my chicken- i then started baking it which seems like what I should have been doing from the beginning!! Totally craving it now. Yummy!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Great post. I can't believe you hadn't been into the city before the other day. I need to come there and babysit your kids so you can go out again! Fun popcorn night. Jacob seems so old that he can do it all by himself. And poor Ruby! Hopefully her nose is all better.
Michelle

Marie {Make and Takes} said...

I know all too well that red nose that does not want to be wiped again. That is the cutest picture with the words! Sarah, you have the most beautiful kids, those eyes!!

510Jen said...

I am so glad you and Eric finally got a night out. I love the popcorn parties my kids love these too. Ouch on Rubies nose. Anna she is so cute walking love it.