Today is Sunday and only the seventh day of the Hinckley Challenge, but I have already seen my life being blessed by my diligence in reading daily from the Book of Mormon. I have always tried to make it a priority in my life to read from the scriptures every day. Some weeks are harder than others for me to obtain this but I really do feel that at this time in my life especially, I NEED this daily dose of spiritual uplifting. The last few days a particular scripture has kept coming back to my mind that I read in 1 Nephi 15:11.
Nephi is talking to his brothers who are not being faithful in keeping the commandment.-
"Do ye not remember the things which the Lord hath said?- If ye will not harden your hearts, and ask me in faith, believing that ye shall receive, with diligence in keeping my commandments, surely these things shall be made known unto you."
What a true testimony to me that my prayers WILL be heard and answered if I can just fall to my knees with a more gentle, softer heart than it usually is, humble myself before the Lord with complete faith in Him, and with an open mind willing to listen to the still small voice throughout my day, then I WILL receive the answers I am looking for in my life.
I have had such a wonderful week (despite all six of us being down with the flu) and tribute it to my daily reading. I wake up early before my little creatures do and sit in complete silence and peacefully read my six or so pages. It takes me about 15 or 20 minutes but are some of the best minutes of my day. I start off with a more genuine love for my kids and can handle the little things that usually happen throughout my day with four little ones that generally set me off.
I love the gospel of Jesus Christ and am so glad to have it apart of my life. I look forward to the numerous scriptures that lie ahead in my reading that will touch me like 1 Nephi 15:11 did this week.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Blessings of the Scriptures
at
1:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I agree. I have really glad I am doing this too. I have missed being in the routine.
Same here, I forgot to read yesterday and I've already noticed a difference in today. IT's amazing how such a simple and easy thing can make a huge difference.
I totally agree. I have loved the Hinckley Challenge. I can attribute the fact that I'm reading to my over all day running better. Thank you Sarah for your example and testimony. You're wonderful!
I hope you guys get feeling better. It was good to talk to you today!
This challenge has been great I have loved reading everyday and I agree with you it just brings the spirit into your life so why is it that when we know that truth because we have proved it do we fall into not doing it? Even when the challenge is over I want to continue to read from the scriptures everyday. You have a great spirit Sarah and more strenght than you know.
Post a Comment