Saturday, March 29, 2008

One of those weeks

Yes, I really am glad that this week is almost over and I can start fresh tomorrow morning.  Not that anything has gone terribly wrong, just that I feel like I have had ZERO time to myself the entire week.  Well Ok, I did get a few hours yesterday but it was spent going to my "yearly" Dr.'s appointment which is never fun- especially when you have to step on the evil of all evil's... THE SCALE.  This is why I don't have one in my house and never will.  I knew there was a little extra baby flab that was hanging on for dear life but not THAT much.  I thought a little less treats would do the trick but lets just say I need to get my bootie in gear... especially now that summer is right around the corner.  

Eric has had an insane schedule this week so I haven't seen much us him which means no help with the kids.  For some reason being on Spring Break last week has put me out of my daily routine this week.  I have been disorganized with everything and I hate that feeling.  Nothing on my "list" of things to do has been crossed off, my house needs a good cleaning, dinners have consisted mostly of cereal and leftovers, my laundry is a mile high, & now that the weather is warming up just a tad, our yard needs some major clean up.  So, I guess I feel a bit overwhelmed with everything and just need to take a breather and know it will all get done sometime in the future.

The most exciting event of the week for me was our Friday night "Popcorn Party" & movie.  Here are the kids all patiently waiting for their popcorn and lemonade.  Eric was on call last night so I was solo but always love our Friday night ritual as do the kids.  It is great that I can just sit down, cuddle up with four adorable kids, and enjoy a good movie and munchies.  


The weather has been teasing us- warm... cold... rain... sun... Would it make up his mind?  One day we are out with winter coats on...

The next with a sweatshirt enjoying the sunshine.  Anna just LOVES to be outside.  She will stand by our sliding glass door that goes out to our porch and bang on it until I let her out.  I can't believe that my baby is old enough to go play by herself outside.  As you can see on her nose, she thinks she is bigger than she is and fell out of the wagon and scrapped up her nose pretty bad.  Kids will learn won't they.


The days that we can't go outside, this is Luke's thing lately.  He still loves his cars and trucks and is now into airplanes and jets.  He will sit and play like this all day.


And little miss Ruby is into the fridge non-stop.  I found her the other day helping herself to the grapes.  What a girl.

sorry the text is so small...{click on picture to read it}

And it doesn't end there... Miss Anna has now learned to carry the step stool all over the house to get to things she can't reach- mainly the kitchen counter.  Yes, she is digging into the brownies that were HIGH up on the counter for no one to get bit she managed to indulge into them.  Can't do anything but laugh and just love this munchkin.  She is such a sweetie pie- we can't get enough of her.


So, another week to look forward to and I hope that it feels better than this one.  I suppose I need an attitude adjustment and that is it, but I like to think that it was just things didn't go as planned and it got to me this time.  Oh well, live and learn.  I have to continue to remind myself that this is my time to focus on KIDS and nothing else matters.  Spare time will come eventually when I will be able to get my laundry caught up, scrapbooking pages done, sewing projects finished, and the HUGE list that I have.  For now, I love my kids and wouldn't change my life for anything.

2 comments:

510Jen said...

Oh I don't believe the scale thing. I hope this week goes a little better. Just remember this crazy Residency life isn't forever. It all comes to an end sometime I HOPE! Miss ya.

Zipporah said...

Your kids are so cute! I can't seem to get caught up with my houseword either since Spring Break. A few of my friends have someone that comes to clean their house and I get really jealous on days like today. Hang in there with the residency. ....You'll probably have to say that to me next year at about this time.
I don't know if we'll be in SLC this summer (no plans yet), but we need to plan a dental wives reunion. What do you think about that? Maybe five years (2010). I really miss everyone. -But LOVE catching up with blogs.
Hope you have a good week. : )