
Peach Glazed Ribs
3 lbs. pork country style ribs
1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
1 18 oz. jar peach or apricot preserves
1/2 C. orange juice
2 Tbsp. bottled teriyaki sauce
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
4 cloves garlic, minced
In 5 to 6 quart slow cooker, place onion. Add ribs. In a medium bowl combine peach preserves, OJ, teriyaki sauce, crushed red pepper flakes and garlic. Reserve 1 C. of mixture to use as a sauce for serving. Chill until needed. Pour remaining peach mixture over ribs in cooker.
Cover and cook on low setting for 7 to 8 hours. or on high for 4-5 hours (I don’t recommend high, they dry out)
For sauce, in a small sauce pan bring reserved peach mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove ribs and onion from cooker. Discard cooking liquid. Pour sauce over ribs and serve atop bed of onions.
*****Extra step for presentation. I preheat the broiler, lay the ribs on a baking sheet, and baste with some of the reserved sauce. Place them under the broiler just enough to carmelize the sauce and give them some great color!



7 comments:
Sarah, Hey it's Deb (Debbie; however you want to call me). I was so happy to see your message on my blog. Your family is so adorable and I love seeing the 2 boy, 2 girl families! I feel so LUCKY to have the same... I am so glad you are doing so GOOD! You are the greatest, cutest, happiest mom and I will love keeping up with your cute family. No, Jill does not have a BLOG! You should help me convince her to get one, I know that she would love it. The only ones in my family who have one are Me, Jenny T., and Nate and his cute wife Natalie. If you want to check them out, you can go through my blog. Talk to you soon. Love, Deb
mmmmm, these look good! I was glad to see your comment on my blog because I thought I lost yours. Anyway, it looks like you had a great time in Disneyland and CA. I love your Easter pictures! Did you use your new lens for them? I"m with you, pictures always make me happy.
Yum, yum, yum. So did you actually get the recipe book done?
Those look delicious! I am so impressed at how good you are about dinners. Certainly going to try this recipe. I miss you lady!!! xoxo
This looks good. I should tell you that your recipe for Roasted Veggie Enchiladas is a favorite at our house! Thanks for your posts. Love you!
I will vouch for these--they are yummy! You can do a similar recipe with pork tenderloin too!
I was blog-hopping this evening and linked to you from Erin... poking around your blog and I saw this very familiar photograph!
Glad you like the recipe!
Post a Comment