Wednesday, March 12, 2008

We are H.O.M.E.

. . . well, sort of.  

Physically we are home but certainly not mentally.  It has taken a few days to get back into the groove of things.  Cold, dreary weather, laundry, TV, phone calls, emails, blogging, cooking, cleaning, & so on... didn't miss any of this AT ALL.  Man, life was sure plain and simple without cell phones, internet, TV and all the extra time we spend using our electronics.  I wish I could go back and just live how it used to be without all the extras.
We had a FANTASTIC trip and will soon get around to viewing pictures and posting about our awesome week.  I am sure you will get overload since there is a lot to tell.  I couldn't possibly let Wednesday go by without posting a recipe.  

BREAKFAST FOR DINNER- one of our favs.

GINGERBREAD WAFFLES
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1  tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
1/4 tsp. salt
2 eggs, separated
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. molasses
1 c. milk

Mix together flour, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt.  Set aside.  Beat 2 egg whites and set aside.  In large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until fluffy.  Beat in molasses, egg yolks and milk.  Add dry ingredients and mix until combined.  Fold in beaten egg whites.  Bake on waffle iron.  Serve with syrup or fresh fruit and whipped cream.

ENJOY!!

6 comments:

Sydney said...

Good thing your back....we starved last Wednesday!

510Jen said...

us too!

swensen squeeze said...

I have to say that getting back from a trip is the worst! It is kind of a downer! Hang in there! I don't know if you saw but I now have joined the blogging world and now have a blog - check it out if you want! daswensen.blogspot.com Welcome home!

Nicole said...

Sarah, It seemed like you guys were gone forever. I have been checking to see if you were back practically everyday. I hope that you had a fabulous time. You certainly deserved it! Love, Nic

Andrea said...

Welcome home. I sure hope that you had a great time. I can't wait to hear about it.

GoatesGirl said...

Glad your back & impressed with the dinner. We usually have mac n cheese and cereal for several days after returning. Anxious to see pictures.