Tonight is an American Favorite... P.I.Z.Z.A
CHICAGO-STYLE PIZZA SAUCE
2 T. olive oil
1/2 small onion chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 (16 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 t. sugar
1 t. oregano
1/2 t. basil
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
Saute onion and garlic in olive oil until soft, about 5 min. Add tomatoes, stir in seasonings and simmer 10 min. Makes enough for 1 large or 2 small pizzas.
FAVORITE PIZZA CRUST
1 pkg. dry yeast
1/4 c. warm water
2 1/2 - 3 cups flour
1 t. salt
2 T. olive oil
2 T. honey
3/4 c. cold water
Dissolve yeast in warm water and let stand for 10 min. In mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, olive oil, honey and cold water. Add yeast mixture and knead with dough hook (or by hand) for 5 min. Form into a ball and place in oiled bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise about 1 hour.
Divide dough in half and shape each half into a 12 inch round. Prebake crusts for 10 min. at 450 before adding toppings. After topping pizzas, bake again for 10 min. Makes 2, 12 inch pizzas.



3 comments:
Thank you for posting all your yummy recipes. I know it will be good coming from you.
I love this pizza dough. It's my kids favorite thing.
Sarah- I am officially de-lurking! I have been checking it out for a while and recently added you as a link (hope that's okay)! I love your Wednesday dinner ideas and love the pics and just love hearing about your cute family. You are so creative!! I'm glad we can keep in touch!
Post a Comment