Well, in all honesty we had ICE CREAM and LOTS of it!!! With T-ball games and Eric being on call... I just didn't make the time to cook dinner. Plus, couldn't pass up 31 cents scoop at BR. Totally came home with 20 scoops. Yes, that is 20. The boys have already made it known that for breakfast tomorrow they are eating ice cream. Someone has to eat it and better them than me. However, can't let a week go by without posting a recipe. Here is what's cooking up for Thursday night:
SUMMER IN A SALAD
Ingredients:
1 package Spring Mix or Continental MIx, mixed with Romaine lettuce.
Strawberries, halved
Blueberries
Avocado, sliced
Pear, sliced–but not until right before serving
Grapefruit, peeled and sliced like a pinwheel
Oranges, peeled and sliced like a pinwheel
Crumbled blue cheese
Sugared pecans, whole or halved
Dressing:
1 package Good Seasons Italian dressing
1 T. sugar (or just a little less)
1 T. poppy seeds (or just a little less)
3 T. Water
1/4 C. Vinegar
1/2 C. Oil
Directions:
Mix all dressing ingredients before adding the oil. It’s best to first toss the lettuce with dressing, then add the fruit and toss with dressing, and put the cheese in at the very end. Don’t overmix.



1 comment:
I am trying this salad. I think I've had it before it sounds yummy. Enjoy your ice-cream!
Post a Comment