Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The Fourth of July

I learned a great lesson this past holiday weekend . . .  DON'T allow myself to have any expectations on holidays.  The results end up being . . . going to bed at the end of the day bummed that the day wasn't more exciting.  If that tells you anything about what our day was like then I'm not sure what will.  I suppose the best part about the day that I have to keep reminding myself is that I got to spend time together with these adorable rugrats and we had Eric all to ourselves for three straight days.  WOW!!!  

Photobucket

It was just like any ordinary weekend with LOTS of rain, too much humidity, and not enough time in a day to accomplish what we had on our list.  We did pick out carpet for our basement that is ALMOST finished {I am sure an update to come when completed}.  

Photobucket

Fireworks were cancelled because of the rain which was a disappointment.  My kids were looking forward to it and I hate having to spoil their excitement.  We played outside in the kiddie pool and sprinklers to try and keep cool.

Photobucket

I must not leave out our fun BBQ with the Stecher family on Sat.  The best part about it {besides their company} was homemade Raspberry ice cream- my ultimate fav.  It really was a special treat and so YUMMY!  Eric doesn't love it because it has too many seeds for him to pick out of his teeth afterwards.  

Photobucket

Maybe next year will be more eventful and the weather will cooperate with us- HOWEVER, I will wake up with an open agenda and whatever happens, happens.  Let's see if next year I go to bed all bummed out about the disappointing day. . .  I'll bettcha I won't.


Photobucket

If this face just doesn't make you happy, I don't know what will.

Hope you all had a better 4th than me.

9 comments:

510Jen said...

Hope you have a better one next year. Can't wait to see these four little rugrats. 6 more days and counting!

Jen said...

I just love your pictures. What kind of camera do you have?

Shelley said...

Beautiful images of all your children! We didn't get see fireworks either :(

Shelley said...

Beautiful images of all your children! We didn't get see fireworks either :(

Tonya said...

Your pictures blow me away!!

I too want to know what kind of camera you have and any basic photography tips.

Maybe you could do a post about it??? Please? Pretty Please?

Andrea said...

I also would like to sign up for the Photography 101 class. GREAT pics as usual! Your children are beautiful!

Nicole said...

sarah your fourth looks better than mine. 8 hours driving in a car. Kids so tired by fireworks we left half-way-thru. Oh well. I will remind myself to stay home around the fourth. Your pictures are beautiful. Please send me the family invite to niccastohl@msn.com our netzero account is very old.

Sydney said...

Wait....when are you seeing Jen? Oh, so jealous!

Next year will certainly be better, it can't get any worse right??

Tina said...

It's always the pits when our expectation are dumped down the toilet I hope next year is better. Come to Salt Lake and watch the fireworks with us.