Friday, October 10, 2008

BOSTON

Photobucket

Last weekend Eric and I had the chance to drive up to Boston and meet up with some of our most favorite friends from Utah.  I must say we had such a fantastic time.  Not only were we "KIDLESS", but we were with awesome company and in a beautiful part of the country.  Friday evening we just hung out with the Russell's catching up on life and reminiscing of the good old times we have had together.

Saturday morning we got up early and went to a fun little breakfast joint.  We then spent the day in New Hampshire in the mountains.  Oh my, the colors were breathtaking.  I was born and raised in UT but there is something different about the fall colors back East.  So vibrant and just amazing colors.  It was nice to be in the mountains again and feel that crisp, cool, fresh air.  Miss that so much.

Photobucket

Sunday, (yes, we missed conference BUT have it on Tivo) we spent the day in the city.  I have been there before but it was a first for Eric.  We walked the Freedom Trail and saw all the great sites Boston has to offer.  Definitely didn't get to see all that we wanted so we will have to get back up there.  Such a fantastic city that has SO much to offer.  

Photobucket
{in front of the USS Constitution Memorial}


Loved all the covered bridges.  This red one was my favorite.  Such an Eastern thing to see these around.

Photobucket

Eric kept saying that he now knows what "Purple Mountains Majesty" means.  The mountains really did look purple with all the different colors mixed in with one another.  Such a beautiful time of year.  I think we hit it just perfect at the peak season for the changing of the leaves.  


Photobucket

It was just nice to spend some quality time alone with Eric and to be with the Russell's again.  I am so glad we made the 5 hour trip up and really, really, hope we can get up there again before we leave the East.  FUN TIMES.  GREAT MEMORIES.  JUST WHAT WE NEEDED.

11 comments:

Jen said...

Gorgeous! I have been to Boston so many times I can't count. Yet I have never been there in the Fall. That is certainly on my list.

Jessica O. said...

Wade and I went last fall and it was so much fun. Boston is one of my favorite cities. I'm glad you had a great weekend alone. This country is so amazing with all the diversity and history. I think it is great you are taking advantage of your time back there. Enjoy!

Deb said...

Wow...that last picture is beautiful! It sounds like you guys had a great time! I love to run into Cami at Costco!! Wish I could run into you too :) Take Care!

GoatesGirl said...

I love Boston! How fun, you two deserved such a fun get-a-way together. The pictures you took are gorgeous. Miss you.

510Jen said...

Oh yeah! glad you had fun. Boston looks gorgeous. I miss all of those amazing fall colors. Glad you could spend some quality time together.

Zipporah said...

Oh, that looks like so much fun and so beautiful. Michael and I are thinking about going to Boston next year for and ortho conference. I'm glad you had a nice time and time alone with Eric.

tj said...

What beautiful pictures! I love the fall!

Kim Ward said...

How beautful, I have always wanted to visit back east during the fall, to see the gorgeous colors. I use to be obsessed with Boston and wanted to live there although Ihave never visited.

Haley said...

Those pictures are gorgeous, I miss those colors!

Michelle Baird Designs said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I totally agree with you that you just can't beat the awesome colors in the fall in the east. And I love the covered bridges too. Glad you and Eric got to spend some time together on a little vacation.

Missy said...

Oh, I am so jealous! Ryan served his mission in Boston and we went back there before we had kids, but that was a long time ago!! Looks like you had such a fun time with Ryan and Cami - good times, good people!!