Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What's for Dinner...WEDNESDAY!

{the pictures really doesn't do them justice- better than they look}

I have had a few people ask me when I am going to start up my "What's For Dinner Wednesday's" posts again.  I suppose now that it's getting cooler and am back in the mode of cooking more I can try to swing it.  Today I made these awesome bars that my friend Cami brought on our trip to Boston.  So, So, good. . . Healthy. . . not a lot of crap in them like the ones you buy. . . EASY to make. . . & my kids LOVED them.  I packaged each bar up in single snack bags so they each think they are getting a cool treat.  Gotta try them.  Really you can add anything from coconut, different cereals, butterscotch chips. . . whatever.  Give them a try.

Granola Bars

2 c. oats

1 c. rice chex

1 c. wheat chex

1 c. wheaties/bran flakes

1/2 c. chocolate chips

1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar

1/4 c. honey (or 1/2 c. honey and no corn syrup)

1/4 c. corn syrup

1/2 c. peanut butter

1 tsp. vanilla  

1. In large bowl crush the chex and wheaties, then add the oats and chocolate chips.

2. In a small saucepan combine brown sugar, corn syrup and honey.

3. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.

4. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla; blend until smooth.

5. Pour over cereal mixture; mix well.

6. Pour into 13" x 9" pan ( I lightly spray with non-stick spray)

7. Push down firmly all over the pan; really squish it in good.

8. Cool, cut into bars. 
 

3 comments:

510Jen said...

My kids would love these. Thanks.

Cassie Jeter said...

Hey Sarah,
So good to hear from you! Your a blogging queen! Lets definately get together while your here in December. That would be great fun! Think of who we should get together with. Glad to hear your also prego. It will be fun to have kids so close to you and Suite! Keep in touch--

Sydney said...

YUM, I will certainly be trying these!

yeah for Wednesdays again....now my family won't starve!