Thursday, November 27, 2008

Our Blessings

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!


Over the last few days our family has discussed our blessings and what we each are grateful for. It has been fun to see the kids response and how creative they can get with their thinking.  

Anna (23 months):
1. Food
2. Cereal
3. Blankie

Ruby (3 1/2):
1. Going to bed- "I LOVE sleeping with Grandma Alice"
2. Blankie- "because I suck my thumb"
3. Going to church- "I get to see my friends"

Luke (almost 5):
1. Bed- "I have good sleep"
2. Friends- "they play with me outside"
3. Toothbrush- "my teeth stay clean"

Jacob (6):
1. Family- "they are nice to me and love me"
2. Clothes- "they keep me so warm"
3. Friends- " they play with me and we have fun"

Sarah (31)
1. That I get to be a mom- "These four adorable rugrats make me happy.  They give me a reason to get up every morning.  They are are the joy of my life.  They make me who I am.  They are so loving and innocent.  They make me smile.  They give the best hugs and kisses ever.  They are truly awesome kids.  Love you guys to pieces"

Photobucket

2. My testimony- "I am thankful for what I know is true. . . that I have a loving Father in Heaven who wants me to return to live with him again some day.  I'm thankful for the example Jesus Christ is in my life and that I can share all this with my kids.  
3. the regulars . . . the givens- "our house, our clothes, our car.  So thankful.  And for the the little things that I take for granted daily- a wonderful husband that I just adore, my brothers and sister, great friends, a 6 year old boy who helps me so much with everything, kids that sleep 12 hours at night without waking up, a huge fenced in back yard, easy pregnancies, the sound of laughter. . . oh I could go on and on"

Eric (32):
1. Family- "My family gives me support and a purpose to live.  I look forward to a kiss from my wife when I walk in the door each night and a great big hug from the children"
2. Home- "I am proud of all I have done on our house.  It finally feels "like home" and is comfortable for my family"
3. My Freedom- "I am so grateful to live in a free country and to choose as I want"

We are all grateful for each other and that we can be together forever.  Family is the best!!!



6 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Cute post! I love the picture of your kids holding hands. So sweet. I hope to see you soon.

Nicole said...

Great post. Gratitude is amazing. I'm excited for your visit.

Blondie Blues said...

Sarah, thanks for letting me share your BLOG and for always inspiring me to be a better wife and mother. Your a ROCKSTAR!

Christianne said...

I love your blog! Your family is beautiful- it is so fun to catch up on your life. I think if we are ever in the same state, at the same time, you should give me blogging lessons, and maybe a photography lesson or two :).

Cassie Jeter said...

We love that picture of your kids!!
How are you?! Still in town? If so, we should get together. If not, maybe next time. We have a Christmas card for ya but I wanted to verify your address first. Could you email that too me? Thnx. If I don't talk to you again, have a wonderful Christmas and wonderful New Year!!!

510Jen said...

Cutest post now unpack your bags and update your blog. Or maybe you should finish your christmas presents first then update.