This past weekend I was able to go meet my mom and four brothers in New York City. For some reason I am really not a huge fan of NYC. I wasn't going to go BUT am so glad my little bro gave me a complete guilt trip and a kick in the butt that I took the trip up there.
I saw a whole new side of the city that I had never seen before. We stayed at the Embassy Suites down by the World Trade Center. There were no crowds, it was right on the water, and it didn't even feel like I was in the city. We were a little ways from the theater district/Time Square but a hop on the subway and we were there in just a few stops.
We took a boat tour to see the Statue of Liberty which I had never done. It was pretty amazing to be up close to the statue- it was huge. The boat ride was very windy and a little chilly but well worth it.
My sister-in-law came along too. It was fun to have her there to chat with and not feel too out numbered with all the boys.
These two cute kids flew into Philly and then road the train up to NYC. I met them there and here we are on our way back to Philly to catch their plane. This is my youngest brother (the one who antagonized me my entire childhood) and his adorable fiance'. Love them both and was so great to get to know Megan better. Can't wait for her to be apart of our fam in just a few weeks.
We ate yummy food, shopped at Century 21 (gotta go if you haven't), saw the broadway Young Frankenstein (hilarious), watched the new James Bond movie(only dozed off once during it), walked, and walked, and walked and then walked some more around the city. Sore muscles and joints but LOADS of fun and just a perfect weekend with most of my immediate family. Love you all and hope we can do this more often.
Sometimes just a weekend getaway is all a mother needs. I came home refreshed and ready to sit and just hang with the family and was geared up for the crazy few weeks we have ahead of us getting ready for the holidays. The amount of walking we did about killed me- I am sure I was completely waddling by the last few hours.
Thanks to a wonderful hubby who stayed home with 4 rugrats for 2 days which allowed me a little bit of a break from my groundhog days. Love you sweets- time for you to take a break- oh wait, guess that doesn't happen for another 2 1/2 years.









16 comments:
hey sarah! glad you had a good time in nyc. a couple of years ago, jeff and i took a subway to Brooklyn, had incredible pizza and then ice cream at the little shop near the water (it was really good), and then walked over the Brooklyn Bridge back into Manhattan. it was my favorite part of the whole trip--you should do it next time you're there (and not pregnant!).
sar-
that looks like so much fun! it is great to see you with your darling family....too bad amy didn't go!
we'll talk soon!
love you....
Good for you to have went. Great for getting recharged and great for Eric to spend some quality daddy time with those 4 kids!
Sounds like you fit a lot into 2 days, impressive!
Yeah! Sounds like you had some fun! i love NYC in the winter 5th ave is my favorite this time of year!
So good to see your families face's! You look great! I hear you are coming in December! We should get to together! I would love to see you, Amy, Natalie, Deb! That would be fun!
I am so glad you went. It was a must. You all have the Stohl look and can tell you are related.
Great minds think alike. That green/blue shirt I've got it in gray/black. Surprise.
I love the picture of the statue of liberty. I would love to go to New York..someday.
So fun! I loved seeing all of you together! I'm sure your mom was loving it.
You hardly look pregnant Sarah! (As always)
How funny! We were in NYC at the same time.
glad you came to new york. glad someone made you feel guilty into coming. i know megan and i loved the trip and megan loved talking to you. will see you soon and yes, you were waddling pretty bad at the end of the day.
Your family picture is so cute. I'm glad you had fun. You look great. I hope I can see you when you come out. Love ya!
Love the picture with all you the Stohl family (minus Amy)...cute pictres and great baby bump!
Glad you had a fun trip. I wish I would have known you and Kim were both going. We have got to improve the communication.
hey sar-
SOOOOO glad you came and met us! It was way more fun with you there! You didn't complain as much as me about all the walking and I'm not pregnant. We can't wait to see you guys soon! THANKS ERIC for letting us steal Sarah away for a little bit! It was so much fun.
Sounds like FUN! I, myself, LOVE NYC. Would move there if I had the chance. Glad you had a chance to hang out with family and see the city.
Sounds like you had a great time with some of your family. I didn't know you had so many brothers. I loved New York when I went to Visit but I wouldn't want to live there either. Glad you got sometime off from the crazy world of mother.
I'm dying to take a trip to NY! Maybe we can get out there before you guys are done!! Glad you had a little getaway-how'd your legs hold up?!!
Post a Comment