Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas 2008

It has come and gone and to be honest, I am sort of glad to have moved into January.  I like January.  A lot of people don't.  I like having a fresh start to prioritize my life and what is important to me.  BUT, we did have a most relaxing, joyous, low-key Christmas.

As usual, Christmas Eve was spent together at home eating a nice ham dinner (not sure why I spend the time cooking for these four little ones that would rather eat PB&J)- I suppose I do it for Eric and I.  We read the Christmas story which is a tradition, sprinkled our reindeer food on the front lawn, and then the kids got to open PJ's from the pajama elf.  Gotta love new PJs.  I think next year I will include Eric and myself in this- we can always use new PJ's.  Off to bed around 8:00.  I was thrilled to to have them all in bed that early.  The benefits of not going anywhere and just staying in our own home.  After getting stockings stuffed for the kids and all the presents out, Eric and I were in bed by 10:00.  It was great!!

Photobucket

Christmas morning I was awakened around 7:45 by little whispers that "Santa came."  He did!!  The man in the red suit was good to the kids this year.  The looks on the kids faces were priceless and wish I could have captured each child's look.  

The boys scored big with the Wii.  Got sucked into that one a little bit but has been a huge hit and lots of family time together (which is why I gave in).  Luke said his favorite thing was his $2.50 mini gumball machine.  Boy oh boy- guess all the Star Wars Transformers and his scooter can go back.  Totally like him to say that.  Man, the small and simple things that make him happy.  Give him some gum and he is thrilled. 

Photobucket

Anna really could have been content sitting on mom or dad's lap just hangin' watching all the others.  Her new bath toys and books were tossed around and she just wanted "CANDY" and her new sippy cup.  hhhhmmmm. . . what a girl.  


Photobucket

Jacob also got a scooter, Star Wars Transformers which he loves and some Leapster games along with the Wii.  I am still glad that he loves his Leapster and hasn't been sucked into the DS yet.  I know the time will come that he outgrows it but for now, the Leapster it is.  

Photobucket

Polly Pockets and Pet Shops for Miss Ruby.  She was ecstatic.  Eric and her spent some quality time together setting them up and playing together.  It was so cute to see him so into his little girl and her new toys.  I can't forget either her Cat in the Hat movie.  If you remember she was that for Halloween and still is "in love" with it.  She has watched the movie several times and just can't get enough.

Photobucket

The rest of the day was spent in our jammies just lounging around, playing with new toys, watching movies, playing the Wii, talking to family on the phone, eating, and the best part just being together.  Oh, and I even got a 2 hour nap in if you can believe it.  Lucky for me.

All in all it was a simple, perfect, day with no stress or too much chaos.  Isn't it crazy how Christmas comes and goes so fast and then it is all over that quick.  Gee, a lot of work for just a few hours, but I must say, "most definitely worth it."

3 comments:

Jessica O. said...

Looks like your kids scored. I hope they enjoy the Wii.

GoatesGirl said...

Love their cute jammies. I'm glad you were able to just enjoy a low-key family togetherness Christmas. Your kids are darling.

We LOVE our Wii!!

Aly G said...

So fun to catch up and read your blog. You have darling kids. They look so much alike. You are wonderwoman! Do you think you'll end up in Utah? I hope, it would be fun to get together more. Loved your christmas card too. Keep in touch :-)