Five years ago I received the BEST birthday gift a mom could ever ask for . . . a healthy baby boy who weighed 8 pounds 1 ounce and was 2o 1/2 inches long.
LUKE SHAWN {7 days old}
Since that day, my birthdays have been spent wacking pinata's, watching little boys run around, sharing a gross cake with gummies & sprinkles all over, wrapping up trucks & cars, and enjoying every minute of it.
This year was no different.
He then got to open his presents . . .
-money from Grandma Alice
-a DVD
-a helmet for his new Christmas scooter &
-a shinny new RED BIKE {just like Jacob}

He couldn't have been more thrilled than to finally get his very own bike that doesn't have princess's all over it {yes, that is what he has currently been rinding.} He has been riding it all over the house the past few days because it is too darn cold to take it outside. We are hoping it warms up this weekend to go out and give it a try.
Luke's bowling party with of few of his buddies is in a few weeks. He can't wait and asks me on a daily basis if today is the day- gonna be a long 2 weeks of waiting.
FUN FACTS @ FIVE
-Flushable butt wipes are a must when he goes to the bathroom.
-Luke will spend a good hour in his room building legos in the morning.
-He tries so hard to be just like Jacob.
-He is obsessed with his hair now that it can stick up like a dinosaur.
-He is obsessed with his hair now that it can stick up like a dinosaur.
-Luke has the biggest mouth of any five year old I know {bigger than mine}.
-Eggo waffles and yogurt are a staple.
-Has itty bitty feet with hammer toes {according to his dad}.
-Loves friends. Wants to play everyday with someone.
-Still is a ball-baby when he has to go to the naughty corner.
-Prefers soap over Cayanne pepper in the mouth.
-He doesn't like getting his hair washed.
-Luke is full of energy and gets bored easily and then picks on his sisters.
favorite color: blue
favorite songs: I love to see the temple, We thanks thee oh God for a prophet, Families can be together forever
favorite toys: Transformers, lego's, light sabers, Wii
favorite clothes: sweats and long sleeve T with batman socks
loves: being together with the family, going to school, Sam's Club Cinnamon Pretzel's & Icee's, popcorn parties on the weekends, chocolate smoothies for breakfast
doesn't love: Anna getting into his "stuff", Jacob torturing him in any way, being told what to do, cleaning up messes, getting his haircut, eating brussle sprouts or squash, wearing church clothes
I love my little Lukie dearly and will never forget the day he came into my life. I am glad he is mine. He brings so much joy into our family and is such a good brother {most of the time}. He is my tender-hearted one and just wants to be loved by all. Can't imagine life without YOU!






11 comments:
Happy B-day to YOU and Luke! I was thinking of you on your big day. Did you do anything fun for your birthday as well?
How fun to share your birthday with him! He was such a beautiful baby and is now such a cute kid!
Oh my gosh Sarah I've just been catching up and man oh man your pictures are so beautiful! I especially love the pregnancy ones of you. That light is absolutely amazing. Glad to hear you guys are doing well!
Cute! Your pictures inspire me to do better for my kids. Your kids will treasure their little journals of life.
Love that boy...can't believe he's 5! Hope you both enjoyed your day.
Happy Birthday Lukers. I love that he has joined the dinosaur hair club. TOO CUTE!
Miss him.
Happy Birthday to cute Luke and to you Sarah! I wish you were here and we could go to lunch and get a pedicure. I haven't had one in a really long time. Miss you!
Happy Birthday to both of you! Love that first picture of him, those cheeks are lips are too cute!
hey Sarah, i just wanted to say hi again, i think i made a comment on your blog a while back. I love all your pictures...you are a great photographer. Your kids are darling and it looks like you had a great Christmas. If you want to view my blog email me at emilyredd1@mac.com
Sounds like you guys are doing well. It's fun to keep in touch and see everybody's families.
Emily (Muir) Redd
Happy New Year and Happy Birthday to your cute Luke. Looks like you all had a great Christmas! You look beautiful in the prego pics... You will have that cute baby before you know it. I already miss the new baby stage. Mylie is 10 months already and it's so sad/fun/exciting to see them grow up. Have a good weekend!
Seriously, he is FIVE?! It seems like yesterday he was the cute little toddler brother to my nursery-member, Jacob! :) Time does fly for sure. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I did get my inspiration from Jen! I am such a copier... no creative orginality here. :) Speaking of, when I clicked on your name to link to your blog, I saw you and some girls have a shutterbug blog? What is that all about... is it a place I can look for some inspiration? :) Your pictures are seriously amazing, and I love following your blog too. You are such an amazing mom, and make it look easy! Also... you have such cute masks on so many of your pics. Are there any .png files you could email me? I know your life is busy, so don't worry about it much... cassielarson16@yahoo.com
Post a Comment