need I say more?

Yes, it is almost June and it finally feels like Spring here. We have had so much rain lately and have missed the cool, dry days- my hope is that is doesn't jump right into the 90's with the dreaded humidity. We have had a few nice days to be outside. Jacob has a great imagination and he thought of a great idea to color and paint rocks. Under the stairs on our deck there are loads of perfect flat rocks to decorate. We now have a colorful bed of rocks that the kids have gotten their hands on. Definitely an activity that will be a favorite all summer long.
Ruby LOVES pussy willows. We had a field of them in our yard at one time when it rained and rained and she was in heaven. I was handed a nice bunch of them on a daily basis from her for about a week straight until I think she picked them all (or our lawn got mowed).
Jacob has his dad's love for animals. He came running inside our house one afternoon holding this baby bird in his hands and I about died. First thought was YUCK . . . what sort of disease is that thing going to give him? But then I quickly realized that he truly cared about this little bird and just wanted to help it so bad. We had many bird nests in our trees and am sure it fell out of his nest and was just wandering on the grass where he was found. So for hours and hours the kids touched it and played with it. They thought it was cold so they put it next to the dryer vent outside where it stayed warm (smart kids). I wasn't sure if it was injured or what needed to be done with it so we kept it until Eric got home to deal with the situation. The kids kept asking me if they could keep it and they just were so tender with it. Well, Eric said it needed to go back outside where it came from. Jacob was so worried it didn't have a mom and was going to be all alone. I promised him that it had a mom and hopefully would find it. A few tears were trickling down his cheek as he sadly walked outside to put it back in the grass. For FHE that night our lesson was on God's Creatures and how everyone has a mom and belongs somewhere. It was a great learning experience for each of my children. Well, the next morning I heard the back door open at 6 am and sure enough it was Jacob going outside to find the bird. What he did find was disasterous- one dead bird laying on the grass. He came in completely sobbing and straight to my room. Oh boy did I ever have to do some talking into that everything would be alright. He just didn't understand why his mom would just leave him like that to let him die in the cold. I suppose a good lesson learned that things happen for a reason- maybe the bird was sick and in pain- who knows but what I do know is Jacob is begging for a pet bird now.
Claire bear is as content as ever just hangin' in her stroller outside. She is getting too big too quick. You look at her and she will either have a bubble she is blowing out of her mouth or drool stringing out of her mouth. I think it's time for perma bibs since she is always wet.
Oh boy, being a soccer mom of 2 boys makes life fun- what will it be like when Ruby starts in the fall? What a great season they both had but sure glad it is over for my sake. Practices 2 times a week with Sat. being game day was hard for me. Especially when J and L's schedules were different. It looks like they were on the same team but just happened to end up with the same color shirts. I felt like I was gone every night at soccer. They both improved tons and are already talking about when they get to play again. Good think I have a few months until I have to think about that one.

To be a kid again digging for rolli pollies, ants, lady bugs, and the newest love caterpillars. These things are everywhere in our yard. Jacob knows all about them and their life cycle. Sure feels good to learn from a 6 year old (I better get used to it). Jacob is as gentle as ever with all creatures. He definitely learns it from his dad.
Of coarse they all had to take turns holding it. Ruby was as sweet as ever talking to it telling me how much she loved it and wanted it to be hers. At one point that thing was crawling down her shirt.
Take one look at Luke's face and you will know what he thought about the caterpillar- way TOO tickley. He didn't last that long with the furry thing crawling on him.
Anna just wanted to squish the poor thing. Jacob was trying so hard to teach her how to handle it. However, she thoroughly enjoyed having it on her arm.
Spring I am sure is coming to an end real soon. We have had some perfect weather the last few days and am dreading the yucky, sticky, mess we are headed for. I am NOT one for humidity!











10 comments:
Luke gets allergies? I feel for that little guy. That's how I feel in Idaho and I can't stand it. Great pics!
The kiddos are so cute. I love your pictures. Kids are so great! We miss you.
Totally am with you about the sticky humidity. We are already getting it here and I'm not lovin it. I tried to run today and it's actually harder to breathe. Allergies, soccer, and God's little creatures have been a frequent theme in our home as well these last couple weeks. That's so sad about the little bird. My son once cried about a bird as well. Very sweet, tender moments.
Great pics too!! You're doing a great job of documenting the memorable things in your kid's lives.
I love the picture of Luke laughing as the caterpillar is crawling up his arm.
I miss your little rugs.
I love the pictures! Tell Jacob I am sorry about the bird. Maybe the humidity is what will bring you guys back to us. Miss you.
Cute post and update on the family. Love the painting on rocks idea. I think I am going to have my kiddos do that as well on a "boring" day. O ya, they complain daily that they are bored.
Your family is beautiful. Great pics.
Such cute kids. I love that they are outside playing with rocks and bugs and birds instead of inside watching t.v or playing video games. You are such a great mom!
great pictures and update too bad about the allergies though they are so miserable to have. By the way those are not pussie willows those are dandilions you goof ball! Love the pics with the caterpillare.
I love your pictures. Looks like you guys are enjoying life and I love all the simple things the kids get so excited about!
Post a Comment