Tuesday, June 9, 2009

rain rain go away

I don't think we have had a period of 72 hours where we haven't had rain in the last few weeks.  It is killing us.  Our lawn (& weeds) are lovin' it but our newly stained deck that Eric spent like a total of at least 100 hours on isn't-  oh, it so needs some time to dry completely and it aint gettin' it with this weather.  

Eric was outside the other night checking his labor of love out and we all ended up slippin' and slidin' around in the water that was on the deck.  It was actually pretty fun.  The best part about it was realizing we no longer get slivers on our feet walking barefoot on the deck.  It definitely needed a good sanding job.  Well done Eric.  Now let's hope for some sunshine in the forecast so we can enjoy some BBQ'S, bikes, and bubbles.

(check out those thunder thighs)

12 comments:

Nicole said...

Sarah we have had a lot of rain lately too. Ours hasn't been too bad though because it doesn't stay all day. Poor Isaac has been swimming in the rain lots though and he does not like to be cold. I love the picture. Miss you.

Jessica O. said...

I agree with you. I'm also sick of the rain. I love summer and the hot sun. It is nice when it is cool but I really enjoy being outside when it is dry. Sorry about your deck. That is such a waste. I will wish for the sun. Love you!

Anonymous said...

that's an amazing photo! Love it!

Jen said...

You must be getting the same weather we are, I too am sick of the rain. I have just finished restaining my deck when all this started.

carrie said...

CUTE pic!!!! LOVE those thighs!!!

510Jen said...

Thunder thighs are the best. I love her little curl too. I will blow some sunshine your way!

swensen squeeze said...

It hasn't stopoed raining here as well!! I guess mother earth needs it!! But I am with you...I am ready for some sunshine!!

[BrookeO] said...

K. Cutest picture eva'
Blow that one up forsure!!!

Sue said...

Cute picture! The rain seems to have finally left us as of yesterday. Just in time for me to skip town.

katie said...

LOVIN the thunder thighs. This picute is a framer Sarah. I would love a little rain right now!

rachel said...

I am so sorry. That did sound funny. How much longer are you guys going to be there. Chris is going to apply for next year there.

GoatesGirl said...

I'm sending you sun vibes from AZ...or maybe you should just come here.

Love you!