Wednesday, July 15, 2009

mmmmmm . . .


you better go and make these right now because they are so yummy I ate most of the pan all by myself (not so good for the spare tire I am trying to eliminate).

Lemon Bars

Crust:

1 cup butter

1 3/4 cup flour

2/3 cup confectioner's sugar (plus more for dusting)


Topping:

1 1/2 cup plain sugar

1/4 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

4 eggs, slightly beaten

1/2 cup lemon juice

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Grease and flour a 9 X 13 pan

 

To make crust:

In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and confectioner's sugar

Cut in butter until combined and crumbly.

Press mixture into bottom of pan.

Bake for 20 minutes or until golden.

 

To make topping:

While crust is baking, prepare topping.

In a larger bowl, add sugar, flour, and baking powder.

Then add slightly beaten eggs and lemon juice.

Mix well and pour on top of warm baked crust.

Bake for 20-25 minutes.

When cool, dust with confectioner's sugar and refrigerate.

Cut into bars and enjoy them cold!

 

 

5 comments:

stephanie said...

These are my favorite, Sarah! I can't make them because I eat the whole pan by myself too. You should have seen Grandma eat when my mom made lemon bars the other day! Lots of lip smacking. :)

Sydney said...

I LOVE lemon and these look divine. I may have to wait until we have a family function to make them since I'd eat the whole pan myself and I'm already limited on my wardrobe:)

alicia said...

Sure looks yummy. I LOVE lemon anything. I thought it looked so good I shared it on my blog. Thanks!!

Ashley said...

Speaking of Grandma and lemon bars, my Mom went over to get her out of bed the other day, and the first thing she asked is if Mom had brought her any lemon bars!!

Robs said...

Yum! Make some and mail them to me! Ha ha. I was just thinking about you the other day. A year ago you were here visiting Jen. Do you want to come see me? I'm SO lonely!