Tuesday, July 14, 2009

could it be . . .

child abuse?

Look at all that adorable dark brown hair.  Doesn't she just look so stinkin' cute?  See that little curlie Q on the right side?  That is her little trade mark.  She always has that- it just won't go down whatever I do.  I love it.



Well, the front and sides of Claire's hair is full and cute, but the back- not so cute.  She had a long neck line and nothing up top.  In fact, she was sporting a grandpa style pretty bad.  It was time.  Time for the 4 month Blamires baby haircut given by their dad.  
Close your eyes!!!  


I know what most of you are thinking- how could they do this?  Believe me, it is always so hard for me to cut off all that baby fluff- there were even a few tears shed.  BUT, boy oh boy does it help their hair grow in all even and thick with no mullet's.

Claire doesn't even look like the same baby anymore.  Her chubs and big eyes definitely stand out more to me.  She actually looks more like Luke to me now when he was a baby.  It is crazy that a little hair (or no hair) can change a look completely.  It has taken a few days to get used to but I LOVE it now.  Oh, and don't worry- she now goes NOWHERE without a big flower or bow around her head.



And, I most definitely didn't get rid of her curly Q.  It is tied together safe in a ziplock bag.  Now let's hope for some quick hair growth little Claire Bear.

10 comments:

510Jen said...

She is so stinkin cute! Hello Jacob/Lukey she is a great combo. Now her hair will all come in together. I love her baby blues.

Jen said...

It's funny you should post about this when just yesterday a woman at work was mentioning how a lot of latin cultures shave their babies heads to help their hard grow faster and thicker.

She is still a cutie pie!

Sydney said...

She's adorable Sarah!

WIKKY said...

You are one brave mama! I just braved through the mullet phase and hoped for the best. But... I do hear that is the best way for it all to grow in even! She has such a sweet face, it doesn't even matter if she has hair!

alicia said...

Hair or no hair... she's a doll. You're doin the right thing too. I wish I'd thought of that.

Jessica O. said...

You better put a big bow in her hair all the time. My friend did this also so I guess I'll wait and see...good thing I have boys! She is still a cutie!

Kim Ward said...

I don't think I could do that. She looks cute with both the hair and the haircut.

katie said...

She's got some curl or should I say she did! Love the new summer do. I'm sad I'm gonna miss out on the girls weekend. Have a BLAST. I'll see you in November

Sue said...

I love that you buzzed your baby girl. :) You're amazing. It's funny but I was just thinking about how cute your boys are buzzed and how unattractive Sam is now that he has no hair.

Nicole said...

I hate it when you shave your daughters hair! Maybe I should try the shave and have my hair grow in thicker? What do you think?