Thursday, September 3, 2009

ruby's birthday

Yes, over a month late but better now than never.  I love how simple and easy going Ruby is.  All she wanted was a yellow cake with flowers on it and that was it~ so that is what she got and was thrilled.  A fun BBQ outside with just the fam and cake and ice cream.  Can't get any easier than that.


We did surprise her with a coloring book/crayons, pet shops to add to her stash, and a quilt from grandma alice.  Ruby was pretty content~ I hope she stays this low maintenance forever {highly not likely I am sure}.  We had a fabulous evening together and the smile on Ruby's face verified that all was good with her too.


This is Ruby's new favorite skirt.  She thinks she is pretty cool in it especially with her pink shoes on~ and when she twirls.  I think she is pretty dang cute myself.  






My only request Ruby Jane is you stay just as sweet as you are forever.  LOVES!

8 comments:

510Jen said...

What a little dolly i love this age.

alicia said...

Love all your pics. You have a gift of finding great photo ops and making it just perfect. I'm sure it helps that your daughter is a doll as well. But it always amazes me the adorable photos you create. Thanks for sharing. BTW, where do you find these adorable skirts and the b-day candles?

katie said...

Can we make those fun skirts at the reunion?! I LOVE it! Happy Birthday Ruby Jane

Lisanne said...

She is darling and I love the skirt! Yeah for Pet Shops! We love those and have a stash at our house too!!
lisanne

Jessica O. said...

Time goes by soooo fast! Daniel is 4 tomorrow. Happy Birthday Ruby! She is super cute.

Sue said...

She's a beauty!! Love these darling pictures.

Kasey said...

What a cutie! Love these pictures. She is a doll. And I love that skirt too!

Kim Ward said...

Sarah I must know where you got that darling skirt, please say you bought it cause I haven't learned to sew yet although I am starting to get interested.