Today marked the first day of school for my 3 oldest peeps. Not sure how I feel about sending them back but they were all ready~ and thought I was too until I was awake all night with butterflies so nervous for them. They weren't nervous, so why was I? Not typical for me.
I felt like I was heading out the door to the bus stop more than enough . . . first peep off . . . then the second one 30 minutes later . . . then the last peep 4 hours later . . . then first peep home 2 1/2 hours after that . . . and the last two finally home 30 minutes later~ whew!!!! Too much for me in a day. How am I going to get anything done?
At least I was greeted by 3 GIGANTIC smiles as they hopped off the bus~ couldn't make me more happy as a mother.
Jacob acted too cool to talk about his first day and just wanted to plop his body on the couch and watch TV eating grapes- ummmmmm summer is over buddy . . . sorry, no more TV. That was a shocker to him. He eventually opened up a bit and told me a few highlights of his day~ especially about how there is NO snack in 2nd grade, oh, and how much he loves recess.

Of all the peeps, surprisingly Luke was the one who wouldn't stop chit-chatting about his day. I just listened with open ears and let he go on and on because he is usually my quiet one. I can tell it is going to be a great year for him~ eager to learn, loves friends, has been SO bored at home, great teacher . . . he is going to come out of his shell I just know it.
{this kid was like a kid at Christmas with his new SKETCHERS. He has always wanted a pair of Sketchers and finally has his very own new pair~ thanks to Grandma Alice}
And little Miss Ruby Jane who I just hate to see leave my side {and so does Anna}. I had to close my eyes as I saw that bus pull away . . . man, she is a sweetie. The first thing she said to me as she put her arms around me knees was, "Oh Mommy, I missed you so so much." And boy did I ever miss her. 1/2 day everyday Pre-K is a lot, but I am sure once we get into the groove of the whole school thing it will be a blessing for her. She is going to just LOVE it.
{and btw~ SHE insisted on wearing her stripey socks, not me. Gotta let some things go, right? Stripes and polka dots go well together, don't cha think?}
Hope it is a good one for all three of them!!!





8 comments:
I sure hope your bus stop is closer than ours! We have to drive to it...it's several blocks away down a steep hill! But that's crazy having to go out at so many different times. But I'd love to have the half-day kindergarten...it's all day here and it seems SO long. Love your pictures, as always. Ruby is so cute.
What a great post, it made me walk down memory lane as I thought about how much I loved going to school
Very sweet... you're a good mom and are doing a great job documenting their little lives.
Stripes and polka dots are perfect together :)
Hooray! Back to school time again. Darling kids - you take the best pictures. I love that you called them your peeps. I call my kids that all the time, Pepper Peeps just has a ring to it! Have a fabulous year!
lisanne
Sarah, they all look so cute. Could Ruby look any cuter? Did you make here cute neckalace?
I am OK with your boys in school but little precious Ruby? I can't believe it. They looked like they had a great day! Now the catching up of projects may begin right!
Sarah,
They look so cute! I just love how you do Ruby's hair...too cute! I was wondering about the necklace too! Great pictures!
Maureen
Post a Comment