Thursday, October 8, 2009

Today's Top Ten

1. had an upset stomach ALL morning long knowing that little Anna was going under general anesthesia to get tubes placed in her ears. Should've known that everything would be ok . . . almost too good . . . she acted like nothing had ever happened an hour later~ honestly that girl is a tough cookie.


2. chatted with a friend for an hour over lunch at my house about depression. She is feeling it right now badly. How do I help her? I will admit I am in a bit of a funk lately probably due to E's schedule this month~ in house call every other night~ ugh!! It gets us all at some point in our life doesn't it?

3. dealt with a phone call from my son's teacher about NOT bringing toys to school. Those little round balls called Bakugon's are the hit right now. He knows better. He has been told. Is it a social acceptance thing? We talked. He listened. He felt bad. Let's see if he obeys.

4. cleaned up spilled rice krispies & milk. a picture of OJ spilled on my floor. a trail of fishies were crunched all over my floor. rice from a heating bag spilled out everywhere for the 4th time because of a hole (can I please find time to sew that up). little girl spit up went all over my couch. picked chewed gum out of a car seat (when will I learn not to give gum out).

5. dragged five kids around to four different stores trying to find a particular item to make a discipline chart. Bribed them like crazy to be good. This is when I miss UT. You can usually find what you need (except warm fuzzies~ LOL). Will have to go to plan B.

6. cereal and milk for dinner? Can't get better than that.

7. dealt with 2 crying boys because I made them go to bed after I had told them they could stay up and help me with a project~ not realizing how late it was. Note to self: never say yes anymore until it happens.

8. got 4 little cutie pies tucked in bed in 10 minutes flat. I have this down to a science. Oh I sure miss when E's not around at nights.

9. enjoyed snuggle time with the last little one on my bed for 20 min. before she got tucked in too. She loves it. I love it. Please don't ever end. The best part of my day today for sure.

10. soaked myself in a book of romance and found myself in another world. Love when I can do that. Doesn't happen too often. Then had to come back to reality gosh darn it.

I know this isn't reality but wish I could be back here. pictures still to come on our trip.
p.s. what is that little girl in the pink doing?

6 comments:

Ginnie said...

One little problem with your top ten... I'm not in it! ;)

LOVE YOUR GUTS!

Sydney said...

Oh Sarah, it looks like you didn't have to search very hard for your top 10! What a busy day you had.

You just need to tell Jen that if she's going to post cute projects on her blog, she needs to automatically send you the stuff to make it! You can mail her the warm fuzzies in return:)

Luckily you have your getaway weekend coming up. Not sure if I'll see you but know you are sure to have a much need break from busy days!

510Jen said...

This sounds all too familiar. I think I need to learn how get the kids down in 10 minutes flat. Mine is more like 40 whats our problem and there is two of us. I found gum on our seat belt in the car just the other day. Dang Avery. Looks like quite the day. Hang in there.

xoxo

J

Jessica O. said...

Some days are crazier than others. What was the book you were indulging in? I have to agree snuggling with a little one is the best!

tj said...

Crazy day! I think about you all the time and what a great Mom you are with all those cute little kids. Hang in there and I can't wait to see you soon!

rachel said...

Those are crazy moments just made my day. At least I know all my feelings today are normal and could totally relate to well to every single one of those comments. Thanks for making my day feel not so uhhh.. ya know. I wish that interview would work out. still on pins and needles about it. What will be, will be...