Pocono's or the Rockies? Rockies
Rolling hills or Mountains? Mountains
Snowbird resort or Blue Mountain? The "bird"
Driving 120 minutes to ski or having it in your backyard? Backyard
Skiing or Snowboarding? 2 to 2 vote
Soft, white, fluffy snow or heavy, slushy stuff? Soft & fluffy
Real snow or man made snow? Real please
3 feet or 8+ feet? more the better
Crisp blue skies with sunshine or grey gloomy ones? Crisp blue
Little Dell sledding or Chestnut Branch Park? Little Dell
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Results show it- the West is the place to be for snow activities. Hands down there is no doubt about it.
However, this winter has been a bit different here in South Jersey. We actually were able to participate in snow activities and enjoy some snow. We had record breaking snowfalls and the kids will be going to school until July to make up for all their missed snow days. We definitely have had a blast in the snow the past few months.

The shocker of the day:: Eric even got snowed in from work. That NEVER happens. We took advantage of the day and played outside all day long:: in the snow. Sledding. Snowman building. Sipping hot chocolate. Doing "doughnuts" in the Tahoe at the soccer field. Taking the kids to Taco Bell (they loved each getting their very own 99 cent nachos- it was pretty nasty if you ask me.)
Our first Blamires snowman yet. The kids were thrilled with how big he was. It took both Eric and I to get the body on that bad boy. Isn't he cute? It was fun finding items for his face, hat, arms, and buttons.
We took the boys one Saturday up to Blue Mountain and spent the day and part of the night skiing/boarding. Luke and I skied and Eric and Jacob boarded. It was interesting. Definitely the most exhausting money I've ever spent.
It was Luke & Jacob's first time and the morning hours were heinous. Luke spent most runs in between my legs hanging on for dear life and let's just say they were on fire. I thought I was in pretty good shape but apparently not.
Jacob spent most of his morning on his bum but kept on getting up over and over again and going for it. By lunch Luke was cruising down the mountain and had to fall to stop himself. He was pretty out of control. He really started to love it though and was getting good.
Jacob decided he wanted to try skiing since he thought Luke was getting better than him on ski's so we switched out his rentals. M I S T A K E. We were having to start all over again:: just like the morning hours. He was frustrated and wanted his board back. He learned a quick lesson to stick with what you have. He got the hang of it finally and we had a few great runs all together before we just couldn't go anymore and were starving for some grub.
It is confirmed that WE belong in a place where there is snow:: and L O T S of it. We love it. We love to ski. The kids love it. We miss it.
Great times together.












9 comments:
i think that settles it then…. you are moving to Utah! ;)
and when you get here i want you to show me how you do those cool photo collages in ps. i am ready and able to learn now.
looks like you guys had some snow fun…i guess i just take it for granted because you most likely won't find me outside building snowmen….taking pictures? yes. building them and getting cold? not so much!
love and miss ya!
I love all the snow pictures. Such a cute family! Also, I haven't really ever crocheted (sp?) but I think those are the most adorable headbands I've ever seen! I would love to be able to do that. However, I'm just surviving right now so maybe in my next life! But really, they are so stinking cute! Good goin.
I agree with Ashli you definitely belong in the West! Utah would be good. Glad you got so much snow, the kids love it. I love the Ski Resort they call a "mountain." To bad they don't know anything different.
PS I published my comment twice then accidently deleted them both. You probably already new that was me sorry:(
i have been thinking about you guys and all the snow you have been getting. glad to see you are having fun in it!
pass some of your energy my way:)
It is good someone is getting snow this year. It has been weak. I love the picture of Luke's disgusted face. Learning to ski can make you grumpy. Wade took Jack a few times this year and I always got a text picture of him and happy followed by a sad face. Remember skiing at Targhee? Those bus rides were hilarious. Skiing builds great memories and you happen to be great at documenting them. The pictures are awesome.
I just love all your pictures. Utah really has the greatest snow on earth! I am glad you are getting some snow fun in while in NJ. Luke's face is priceless...I'm sure all your kids will love it just like you.
I LOVE the snowman. So fun! We miss you lots.
I am pulling for Utah. You will be sad if you do not come here. Miss you!
Post a Comment