Monday, April 26, 2010

a late night run . . .

* tonight
* spur of the moment
* to the store
* in our PJ's (including myself)
* all five of them in tow
* at 8:30 pm (way past their bedtime)
* no, not for necessities (milk & bread)
* for silly bands
* $14 worth I might add (their own, hard earned money)
* they couldn't be happier
* I hear them now as I type upstairs all giddy
* they are planning out which ones they are going to trade tomorrow on the bus
* i made their week
* it was pretty painful for me
* sometimes I just have to do things I really don't want to do for the sake of them::



* man oh man, are they ever so worth it.

** note: anna was too buys putting our her silly bands she would not get in the picture.

4 comments:

Cherice said...

what on earth are silly bands? must be popular. I'm out of the loop I guess

Emily said...

What a great mom you are! I have 5 kids ages 8 yrs to 3 months and the last two are only 14 months apart. I hardly ever leave the house because it IS really hard. So thanks for the reminder that sometimes I need to do things that are hard for me because they are important to them. btw, I went to hs with jen chandler, that's how I happened onto your blog.

Morgan Greaves said...

Good for you! Those are the things they will remember most. Those joyous moments of you taking them to get bands...whatever in heck they are?! What a great mom!!

The Atwood's said...

I too have no idea what "silly bands" are?