Wednesday, April 7, 2010

spring break + easter = fun-ness


a. we egged a few of our neighbors & Jacob's school teacher. The kids thought it was the best thing ever. Better than doorbell ditching for sure . . . because you get to leave eggs with yummy goods in them. Go here to get the full scoop.

b. our annual egg dying. Went with my gut and did it outside- good thing since 2 full cups were spilled within the first 2 minutes. I also stripped Anna down to nothing which = smart.

c. Anna really just wanted to crack the eggs, peal them, and partake of that white stuff- not interested in the "green middle junk" as Jacob calls it.

d. Jacob trying to mix every color together to get black. He was determined to get a black egg.

e. Didn't quite get it black- even after leaving it in the dye for an hour. Green it was. Maybe next year buddy.

f. The beauties. We started with 24. Looks like the egg snatcher was present. 18 in the end. Man did she have some serious gas. Guess what it smelled like?

g. Easter morning. The Easter Bunny delivered- not candy (well, a pack of gum and fruit snacks) but a few items for spring. Duckie visors, flip flops, undies, socks, pinwheels, chap stick, hair accessories, activity book ~ to keep them busy during Conference. btw:: I loved having Conference on Easter.

h. Claire wanted nothing to do with her pinwheel, bunny visor, and marshmallows. She just wanted the others loot.

i. Peeps:: gotta love them (or hate them). This is what the kids gave to their teachers for Easter.

j. Anna's basket full of her goodies.

k. Who's hiding behind that duck?

l. J teaching Anna how to blow her pinwheel correctly.

m. The ever so famous "Silly Bands." Can't forget that the kids each got a pack of them. Have you heard of them? Well, they are the BIG thing here and if you don't have them on, you for sure aren't with it. Even Anna is obsessed with them. They are shaped like something ie: a fruit, dino, space, flower, guitar . . . so when you take them off they form back into their shape. Let me know if you need some- I will be happy to pick ya up some.

n. Remember my story of the "$3 cupcake" in Georgetown? Well, I spent my $3 on making 4 dozen of them with toppers I might add for the kids classes. They were way more fun to eat knowing I didn't spend a whopping 3 bucks on just one (and they even tasted pretty yummy).

o. The kids minus Claire with the ridiculous bunny. For the third year Anna was so scared of this bunny. She has something she remembers from previous years sitting on his lap or something. Finally I talked her into having Jacob hold her just for a picture. After we were done and walking away, she said to me, "I like that bunny mommy." Ya whatever girl!

p. Ruby as the rabbit & Anna as the puppy. The boys wanted nothing to do with it.

q. "Can't we please take the little lamb home mom? I promise to feed it and pet it all day long." Isn't that just so like her?

r. Anna hopped on the pony backward at first- it was hilarious. Everyone in line was cracking up. She thought she was special getting to ride the "baby horse."

s. Not sure what J is doing here but what could be better than a hayride while chomping on popcorn and stuffing your face with cotton candy on a beautiful sunny day?

t. Claire with her blue egg. She wouldn't let go of it.

u. Little Claire bear hung out in the stroller like this for seriously half the day and didn't make a peep. She just loved being outside in the sunshine. (minus getting burnt to a crisp because her mother didn't even think about sunscreen application.)

v. Smith Playhouse at Fairmount Park in Philly. The best outdoor playground the kids and I have ever been to. My 7 year old loved it as much as my 1 year old- something for everyone and it is totally free. Claire lived in the swing. She didn't even have to be moving and she was content watching the others run around.

w. Ruby trying her hardest to get to the mini trampoline in the middle. She finally made it.

x. Anna on the other hand needed a little help. She kept slipping through the holes and landing in the splits- "ouch" she kept yelling.

y. Jacob and Luke lived on this spinning thingy. They tried to get it to go as fast as they could and then jump on. J was one of the designated spinners. I'll tell ya, they all conked out in the car on our 25 minute drive home.

z.. Back to the Easter fair. "This is the best ever mom because everything is just like free." Free it was and I think the kids each ate at least 5 cotton candy sticks:: plus a mr. softie, hot dogs, nachos, soft pretzels, drinks, popcorn, chips . . . needless to say I was sick to my stomach on my way home.

*. And on our way out the kids had to see and pet the snake one more time.

We ended the break on Monday spending the morning at the park riding scooters on the trail with some friends, having a picnic, and having a play date.



The majority of the past 6 days have been spent outside. We have all been kissed by the sun and have started our summer tans. Freckles are starting to pop out and so are the tulips finally. We hit 92 degrees today- too hot if you ask me. The rest of the week is suppose to feel more like Spring.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

It is so fun to see green grass and blossoms on trees. We hit a whopping 52 degrees here. Heat wave. Needless to say, our grass is still more brown then green. And we definately do not have flowers or blooming trees. For now I'll enjoy your beautiful pics of what spring should bring. Looks like everyone had fun.

[BrookeO] said...

I already told you, but cutest post ever.
I can't get enough of looking at it!

BTW headbands were a hit - I'll email you the details!

The Larsons said...

LOVE this post... and collage. Looks like lots of fun. Love the colors of spring. Still can't believe how much our families have changed since the Cleveland days! I might just have to copy the layout...