It was a perfect Saturday. One that this handsome boy had been waiting for for over three months. We were in NC until October and it just had to wait until we got back to Jersey for several reasons. Boy was he glad it was finally here.
He was all smiles. Excited. So sweet. Innocent. Ready.
It was simple and small but just perfect. Wouldn't have had it any other way.
Our little family, Grandma Alice, plus a few more. We were just getting ready to start and Jacob asked me, "Mom, when is everyone going to get here?" I just laughed. Well, I guess that's what you get when you don't live by family. We talked about what was most important about the day and not who was going to be there.
We had a fun day. Lot's of treats. Spent time outside playing with friends. Out to dinner for some "steak"- Jacob's request. Movie night with the fam- The Christmas Carol. One that I hope was different for Jacob than any other day. I know I will remember it.
Jacob at eight:
Likes: playing with friends, Super Mario brothers Wii, playing sports
Favorite movie: all new movies I haven’t seen
Favorite toy: I’m too old for toys- legos and my race track
Favorite non-toy: TV and remote
Favorite book: A-Z mystery & Goosebumps
Friends: Austin, Humza, Ben, Christopher, Philip
Favorite things to do: be outside with friends, Friday night popcorn parties, play with Claire
Favorite song: songs in school during music class
Other activities: sketching, cooking, creating things out of paper
Favorite color: gold & silver
Favorite number: my lucky number is 7
Dreams of: being a professional soccer player
Favorite games: sorry, battleship
Wears: jeans and cool t-shirts
Favorite food: crepes, watermelon, strawberries, pizza, avacado, chocolate banana smoothies, cantalope
Loves: spending time with Dad and the family, weekends, family trips
Doesn't like: being hurt, doing homework and reading, being told what to do, Saturday chores
My Bugga-Bugga- You are sure grown up. You are such a leader and example in this family and I couldn't be more proud of you and your decisions. You have many that look up to you and want to follow you. I hope you continue to be "who you are" and the Jacob that I love and adore.











5 comments:
Oh Jacob you melt my heart. Not sure if it because you were like my liitle boy too for the three years that you and Amaya were the best of friends?--or because you are just that kind of a kid. But I am so proud of you and the little man you are becoming. You are such a great big brother to your family and a huge help to your mom. Keep up the great work and always make good choices. I love you bugga and wish I could give you a big jen squeeze. Might not be possible at this moment with the big belly I am sporting. Can't wait for you and your family to live closer so we can see you more. Just think six more months!
How exciting! PS- I got a special care package in the mail the other day and LOVED it! Thanks so much, you're truly the best :)
Congrats Jacob! Wish we were there or you were here with us! Cute family sarah, we miss you guys so much...come back.:)
can you believe we have 8 year olds? Crazy!! Love the pics...you guys look great!
Can you give him 8 BIG squeezes from us-what a sweet boy! Congrats on the big day!!!
Post a Comment