Scouting . . .
Jacob loves it. I mean absolutely loves it. He is all boy. He is an extremely social kid. Enjoys going, seeing, and doing.
Last week was his first pinewood derby. Our first as a family. Oh My. What can I say but it consumed lots and lots of time (mostly Eric's time) designing Jacob's car and getting it just perfect. Eric for sure had as much fun if not more than Jacob being involved in the derby. Their car they created together turned out amazing. He car won "best workmanship." Eric crafted that baby by hand. It was just fun watching Jacob so excited and supporting his friends too. We talked about before hand the importance on not having to win and be the best. It's all about having fun.
"Black Thunder" pulled through after all. It took 2nd place just missing 1st by a split second. Jacob's best friend's car took 1st so he was totally fine with being runner up. Despite the evening dragging on and on and on . . . and on (I finally left with the girls), it was a successful evening and one I know Jacob and his Dad won't forget.
They are already talking about next year's cars. Luke will be joining the scouting ranks so Jacob and Luke will be racing against one another- could make for an interesting time. I am just grateful for a hubby that takes interest in these sorts of things and let's me just go about my day even though I really think they spent like 10 hours on that thing.





No comments:
Post a Comment