Monday, February 14, 2011

My Dear Little One

I suppose I should begin by saying . . .

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!

I never imagined having a Valentines gift such as you.  I haven't even met you and am so totally in love.  What a special bundle of joy I get to have this special day.  Your Dad and I are off to the hospital to bring you into this crazy world.  Can't wait.


Here are just a few things I want to remember about the past nine months hauling you around everywhere:

- You definitely are #6
- No pregnancy test was ever taken- I just knew you were on your way
- My first doctors appointment was around 20 weeks
- My body has definitely carried five other children- it got squishy and soft quick
- I haven't bought a bottle of prenatal vitamins yet- or taken one
- I forget how many weeks I was throughout
- Maternity clothes?  I would rather wear my sweat suits everyday than pull on a pair of jeans
- Speaking of sweat suits- if your Dad sees me wearing the green Gap sweats ever again, he may just throw them away- they are so so comfy though
- I am officially a grandma walking around wearing compression socks - but they have saved my legs
- I am beginning to prefer my pillows and space over your Dad
- It takes a three-point turn to roll over in bed while moaning and groaning
- I wake up at least FOUR times to go the bathroom at night
- I feel the aches and pains 50% more than my previous pregnancies
- 9:30 bedtime is just what I NEED
- You keep me up at night- moving and flipping every which way- I hope this isn't a sigh of you being a night owl
- You get the hicups usually every morning after I eat breakfast
- My morning walks take me a very, very long time
- I haven't had a craving for a single ounce of food- in fact, lately food just doesn't taste that great
- I have heart burn 24/7 right up in my throat
- Gray hairs are popping up one by one daily
- Your little sister Claire is obsessed with my belly and saying, "BABY"s
- This double chin has got to go
- My ankles are swollen as well as the rest of my body- not attractive one bit
- I am officially waddling like a duck- it is time
- I love having my babies close together
- I wouldn't trade the "craziness" of my life for anything
- I am extremely excited to hold, smell, & love you sweet baby
- We ALL think you are a BOY . . . are you???

These cute faces are FIVE of your Valentines that are waiting ever so patiently at home for you to arrive.  They already adore you and can't wait to see if you are a boy or a girl.

Your in for it little one with this family~ but I will promise you we have lots & lots of fun even though it gets loud and chaotic more than it doesn't.

Lots of Love,
your mother
XOXO

12 comments:

♥Shelley said...

I was just thinking yesterday that you must be getting close. I hope all is wonderful today! Love the little valentines.

GoatesGirl said...

I have been thinking about you all morning. What an awesome day! Love the post and can't wait to meet your new little one.

xoxo

Cherice said...

such a sweet post. I loved it. thanks for sharing. can't wait to see your little one

510Jen said...

Cutest bunch EVER. Can't wait to hear the news! Darling Valentines=great minds think alike!

510Jen said...

umm not bunch bump :)

Wisdom.Courage.Love said...

Such a sweet post, know exactly how you are feeling as i felt like I was reading about myself!! Enjoy your new bundle of joy.

Anonymous said...

my oldest son is a Valentine and I can tell you it;s the best birthday EVER. Parties at school, decorations everywhere... and people tend to remember your birthday rather than forget it. Praying all goes well for you today. xoxo, m

[BrookeO] said...

Oh Sarah, so excited for you.
Such a darling family and what a special day for you guys.

Cannot wait to see the little baby!
xo

Sydney said...

Congrats to you for making it through a 6th pregnancy! So glad to hear he made it safely into this world, congrats to all of you!

katie said...

LOVE you sweet post and your DARLING belly! Give that new baby hugs and kisses from us. Can't wait to meet him! CONGRATS!!!

alicia said...

Congrats on the bundle of joy on the way! You always have the cutest valentine cards here.

Aly G said...

What a darling post!! I love your descriptions! You are amazing!!