
Ruby Jane just trying to be like her dad... always stealing his glasses, putting on his shoes, walking around saying,"Look Mommy, I daddy." I just love this age (most of the time) and her new words she discovers each day.
Luke just started pre-school two days a week in the morning. I thought this would give me a good opportunity to hang with the girls, get errands done and so on. Even more so, I thought I was doing this for him. Luke has been following in Jacobs shadow for the past 3 years and needed something he could call "his own." Some independence, freedom, meeting some friends, and being able to feel like an individual. Well, I am not sure this is the answer.
Bottom line- he doesn't love it. Today while I was driving him there, this was our conversation:
L: mom, i don't want to go to school today.
M: why Luke?
L: because I just don't.
M: don't you want to go play with your friends and do playdough, sing, read, color...
L: No!!!! I want to stay home with Ruby and Anna.
M: Luke, come on bud.
L: (crying like a ball baby) I don't want to have to hang my spiderman backpack up on the hook.
M: are you serious Luke that is the only reason why?
L: mom...yes!!!
M: oh Luke, that is no reason why you shouldn't want to go to school- be a big boy and go have fun.
L: the rest of the way Luke sat in his seat balling with big alligator tears.
So the story ends with me carrying him in crying and handing him to his teacher. We did even leave his backpack in the car so he didn't have to HANG it up. What a kid. He is such a home body and just loves the simple things in life... his blanket (and thumb), cars and trucks, and his family. Wish we could all be happy with so little. Luke did end up being fine and settling down at school and having fun. We will see what the next few days bring. If it keeps on being like this, I may wait another year to send him. Hey, it will save me a lot of money.
Fall means soccer... another season with two boys playing and two girls cheering them on. Luke and Jacob are on the same teams again and it is fine. Jacob is WAY better than Luke but Luke seems to just tag along and not think anything of it. I couldn't do it if they were on different teams trying to be at two places the same time. I am not sure what spring ball will bring but can worry about that later. 
The boys seem to like it and it gets them running and a great energy release. Secretly I know that they really go for the snack and juice box. 
Oh, kids will be kids. What great days we have and I am enjoying each moment with the four of them.
Monday, September 17, 2007
kids will be kids
at
2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



8 comments:
I love the picture of Ruby Jane-kids are so dang hilarious!
Fun! I love the fall..okay so we don't get the change in leaves but it does cool off. Cute pictures. Has Luke done better?
Gibson cried today too when I took him to preschool because he didn't want to part from his Buzz Lightyear backpack! The teacher let him wear it the entire time!
Ruby is adorable!
Love these kid conversations. The things that are traumatic are things that I WISH were my problems.
That picture of Ruby is so cute!
Fun pictures. Lily went through the same pre-school blues last year. As a matter of fact I think it is very common for that age. It takes a couple of weeks and then they love it and it is just part of life. Looks like Jacob is his team's star and little miss Ruby Jane is to die for! She's a blondie!?
Your kids are sooo cute and crack me up. You take such great pictures too. You need to add some tips to the tipsters blog!
These pics of the cute are too cute. I love seeing the boys right next to each other and how much they look alike. True Blamires! Looks like fun.
Post a Comment