
Oh man, the joys of birthday parties. For some reason this year Jacob had high expectations for his party this year. I am not one who loves all the high maintence of b-day parties. Well, this year I had to suck it up and go for it with him. PIRATES PIRATES and more PIRATES- they were running around everywhere. It turned out great and we waited to do it when Eric arrived so he could be in charge. Jacob loved every second of it and was fun to have all his cousins and old friends from SLC there. We had a pinata, face painting, water bomb fights, pizza and ice cream cone cup cakes (thanks Jen for the awesome idea). I don't think I will ever make a cake again. Ice cream cone cup cakes were a major hit and SO easy.
I suppose each year Jacob's expectations will be even higher- trying to top off this year will be difficult. I am glad you had fun my five year old Jacob. I had fun too doing it for you.
We couldn't miss taking the kids to Lagoon. We did lagoona beach in the morning and then the rides. We actually left around dinner time to take the girls to my brothers house which was the best thing. Eric and I got to go on all the bigger rides with Jacob and Luke and not worry about the little girls. We had a blast. We stayed until it closed and were definitely worn out. Don't need to do that day again for a LONG time.

Here are some random pictures of time spent up in Idaho with my mom. It was truly a "real" vacation up there. We just vegged out and had no place to go (except to get shaved ice with cream). My mom took such good care of us and the kids just ran wild in her yard and played with their cousins. Thanks mom so much for a wonderful few weeks. We love you.
So, there it is in a small nutshell. What a crazy, wild, busy, fun, exciting summer we had. Just a small glimpse as to what we have been up to lately. We sure miss our family and friends and got so spend some quality time with them.
As for now, I hope to keep up with blogging. Now that we are getting back on a schedule and routine, I feel like I can take a few minutes here and there and blog... I sure have missed it and hope you have too. Until next time.
Saturday, September 8, 2007
at
3:55 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



12 comments:
Glad to see you bloggin again. Look at you party throwin fool. I love the pirate party I just might have to copy. Looks like Jacob had fun adn got lots of fun stuff. I bet you are glad to be home and get into a routine. Can't believe Anna is 8 months yikes. Jacob starting K hope he likes it. I will call you soon.
Tell me about those ice cream cone cup cakes - sounds like I need to give those a try! What a fun filled summer you have had - I wish I could have caught up with you at some point. We'll keep in touch.
Good to have you back. Looks like you had a great time in Utah and what a party!
Anna is adorable and yeah for all day kindergarten!!
I was so excited to read through the blog and see all your pictures, glad you're back at it. Your kids look so cute. I LOVE Jacobs pirate look. I hope he loves school. Your kids are all adorable. We miss you tons!
I love catching up on your lives. You creative girls are very inspiring.
Very cute party. It looks like it was a lot of fun. I've reached the point where I calculate the cost of the party and offer to give that to my kids instead of the party itself. No one took me up on it... I still ended up having 3 this year. (so far)
Glad to see your back!
Lagoon. I'm sighing just thinking about it. We asked our kids at the beginning of the summer one thing they each wanted to do. Lagoon with cousins. I read about your day at Lagoon and kept thinking, Yep - me exactly.
I've missed reading your blog and hearing updates. Happy to read about your recent adventures. Looks like your life is really busy, but lots of fun. Cute party theme and of course always cute kids. Enjoy the time with Eric. Wish I lived closer so I could babysit so you and Eric could have a few date nights.
You are alive! I was just thinking about you today and told myself that if you hadn't updated by tomorrow I was going to call you to make sure everything was alright. I am so glad to hear that it's for good reason that you have been slacking on the blog homefront! You deserve every minute you can get with Eric. You went too long this summer without him in your lives. So fun to see the pics of your summer out west. Looks like it was fun!
Is Luke going to be in any kind of preschool?
talk to you soon.
Hey sarah...good to hear how you are. We just decided to go private with our blog. I can't believe it, but I don't think I have your email address. I want to email you so you can get on our blog.
I love Grandma's Farm. Your Mom is just too cute.
I have done a pirate party too. We have since toned down the party scene as to not let expectations get too high. Looked like fun!!
Can't believe Jacob...my little nursery bud...is in Kindergarten! Time goes by way to fast! Your kids are sure cute! How did you work it out so perfect to have them each have a friend so close in age! Great to see all the fun you've been having!
Easton had a pirate party for his 5th birthday-too fun. Yoour kids are growing up so fast. I'm so sad I missed you while you were in Utah. I would of loved to see you.
Post a Comment